• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A petition

Reaction score
I think this needs to be done. A petition to lionhead from us, as fans, to let them know that we care about this universe and its lore. For me and I know for quite a few people that have played all the games, there is this troublesome trend towards a watered down sense of the world (Albion) and its lore. It's mythos. To a slight extent fable 2 and to a GREAT extent fable 3, something was indeed lost. And I think that something was a depth to the world that was much stronger in fable and TLC.
I suppose the reason this trend bothers me and probably many who've played these sequels is mostly due to nostalgia. But damn it, we as fans have a right to communicate to the creators of the games that we pay for. I would like to play the next game in this very good but not yet great series and feel like I was invested in something more than a vague quest to stem the tide of an equally vague black goo storm.
Give us depth and lore lionhead, not streamlined and hasty story boarding. And I think your die hard fans will be rather pleased, along with the rest of the now diverse gaming community.

A Fable Fan

Reaction score
I was actually sort of active on here in the days before/during Fable 2, then fell off for various reasons. Seriously I'm sure people have done stuff like this before, but Lionhead needs to listen to their fans.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I was actually sort of active on here in the days before/during Fable 2, then fell off for various reasons. Seriously I'm sure people have done stuff like this before, but Lionhead needs to listen to their fans.

That's exactly why they don't do it, because Lionhead doesn't listen. Petitions usually never work for stuff like this, especially when you're dealing with a developer that is adamant of their own visions. You can still try of course, but best of luck finding nearly enough people who can care enough these days to sign.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
That's exactly why they don't do it, because Lionhead doesn't listen. Petitions usually never work for stuff like this, especially when you're dealing with a developer that is adamant of their own visions. You can still try of course, but best of luck finding nearly enough people who can care enough these days to sign.
Don't you find it ironic that one of the first things you do in Fable 3 is sign a petition but Walter comments that it won't make much of a change?