• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A question on being king (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So i just turned king and i have a certain amount of days untill the attack, will the days pass in game time? Or only if i do the main quest?

James161324

Reaction score
Only when your do the story quests.

But they jump drop alot.

scheezz

Reaction score
yep, they jump quite a bit - quite quickly. i think it jumped from somewhere in the 200's, to 121 days, & then to one day left.

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score
Absolutly no time to do side quests to get more guild seals aat all!

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
as soon as you get a gap, like when you are sent to get the treasure in aurora, you have all the time in the world, your days will not go down. Go do the sidequests and what not, but focus on making money more than anything, not to spoil anything but when you get to the quest that requires you to get a statue from a wealthy patron, i would suggest filling up the treasury with your own money then.

You can always finish the game THEN go and do the sidequests, they will all be there more or less depending on your king decisions.

Reaction score
Ok so im only on the first day, how much money will i have to make to save all the people and make good decisions? Ive already raised taxes and saved logan if that counts.

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
The trick is to build your personal fortune to the point where you can get the golden key, which opens the chest under all the money. transfer it all over to the treasury, and keep transfering until you have a decent surlpus to account for any decision you make which will cost the Kingdom it's gold.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
If you need money buy all the houses in Milfield, then just buy Pawnbrokers. Those tend to have the largest profit margins. :)

Archmenel

Reaction score
I would recommend doing the quest to obtain the treasure (a diamond larger than a bloody melon) in Aurora - you are notified of it by the greedy bloke who stands in the treasury (Hobson? I believe) and keeping it to greater serve Albion with your profits. It will net you only a minimal hit in morality, which I didn't like seeing as how my intent was to reap greater rewards for the kingdom all along. The diamond is worth 700,000 but couple that with what you may already possess in the Sanctuary, buy every property you can get your fingers on, and you will be scooping in one-hundred thousand every five minutes.

My first play-through (roughly fifty-five hours to the attack); I made every decision to benefit the people and respect each promise and still managed 7.5 million in the treasury, and a couple hundred-thousand in the sanctuary, by the time the attack came.

Though, now I confess a bit of disappointment in not seeing more effects of my completely sacrificial and ethically pure choices throughout the game. Gaining a guild seal in appreciation from every person I walk up to is nice. What use is tens of millions now? That was to be expected, I suppose. My last lady in Fable II had 26 or 28 million to do absolutely nothing with except give fifty or one-hundred thousand to that poor fetcher who sits on the bridge in Bowerstone Market each time I pass through.

Oh, and glad to finally make the decision and sign-up here opposed to my long time of lurking around as a guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.