• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A small taster-the blades of the dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skeletorfw

A small taster-the blades of the dragon

Here's the prolouge to one of my stories...enjoy...​

Prologue: The rising of the sun:

Sun knew she would not survive the night as soon as the first balverine ripped her shoulder open. Not usually a fatal wound, but the opening would slowly sap strength she desperately needed to stop this endless tide of fur, teeth and claws. She brought up her sword and blocked the next flurry of strikes from a balverine to her right, retaliating with a series of slashes and stabs. The monstrosity fell, only to be replaced by two more, flailing wildly, gnashing foam-flecked teeth. An impact from behind smashed her face into the ground and knocked her silver weapon from her hand. A balverine started to gnaw through the side of her neck. A glint of light on metal caught her flickering eyes. In front of her, a strange phial hung from around her neck, given to her as a present by a travelling hero: the hero who stopped Jack of Blades for the last time. The balverine on her back finished chewing into her flesh, and ripped a chunk out, springing away to swallow. Her carcass collapsed, lifeless onto the thin glass phial, which shattered, embedding glass fragments into her neck, but also releasing the liquid inside. Her body floated up into the air, suspended by a white magic that seeped into her body through every break and pore. Her eyes snapped open, flickering from side to side as she took in the view. Over the years, her eyes had grown much dimmer since her life had begun, but now they were refreshed and renewed, as was the rest of her body. From somewhere deep inside her, a force stirred. Opening her hands palm first, she pointed it at each beast in turn, and watched in wonder as lightning arced from balverine to balverine, electrocuting skin, bone and muscle alike. The sickly scent of burnt hair filled the air. She felt better than she’d ever felt before…she felt ALIVE!

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Re: A small taster-the blades of the dragon

Nice start. Good telling of the resurrection phial

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Nice - can't wait to read more :D

p.s. - I enlarged your text a bit coz I'm as blind as a bat and couldn't read it...hope you don't mind!

S

Skeletorfw

that's fine...
i'll post more when i get the chance to write it

O

olemn97

u know that reminds me. Because Fable is such an easy game i never died. What happens when u die?

S

Skeletorfw

i've been killed with a res phial
but not with none at all

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I know what Happens. I sold all my ressurection vials and I let balverines beat the crap out of me and I got this screenie LINK

A little differen't then the Quest failed Screen but much cooler looking. :p

O

olemn97

nice it should have like pieces of skin and stuff hanging over the skull and stuff

S

Skeletorfw

here's the next page:

The god Avo looked down at his temple. With his truly favoured doing his own bidding elsewhere, the deity had time to focus his attention on other tasks. He skryed for a new sword, but came up with too many possibilities make it worth his while looking at all of them. He delegated the task to one of his minions, and settled down on his bed. The god wore only the purest white robes and enjoyed indulging himself from time to time. He looked up at the ceiling of his dwelling, cocked his head, and waved his arm. The colour changed from a homely woody colour to a dark black with a green and blue blob in the middle: the human earth.
‘What a work of art’ he thought to himself as he gazed up at the slowly spinning globe, falling into a daze under its ever-changing surface. He waved again and the greens and blues were replaced by dark hues of magenta. ‘Magic flowing well, as usual’ he thought as he ran his finger through the seas. Then something jolted him out of his daydream. A surge of power flowed throughout a tiny area, turning the usually dull area a magnificent pink. There were now three of these walking around his world. ‘Too many carriers could destabilise my world, but maybe I can convert this one as well’ he reasoned. A knock at the door interrupted his train of thought.
enjoy

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I really like this - more! And +rep for you :D

S

Skeletorfw

He got up and strode over, picking up his sword on the way past the kitchen table. He opened the door to find a figure waiting outside. It was wearing a designer suit, carrying a stick, and glowed red.
“Skorm!” Avo scowled. “What are you coming to grovel about this time?”
The god of evil strode in, waving a hand arbitrarily at the door. It slammed shut and the frame cracked. Avo melted it back together and turned around, hefting his sword. Skorm put his hand on the blade and slowly pushed it down so it faced the ground. “Actually” he replied, taking a seat on a large chair, “I’ve come to make you a deal. I’ve got a bit of a problem, a large problem, a problem which could possibly destabilise the whole of this world.”
Avo sighed and sat down opposite the well-dressed god. “I know” he sighed “The new power source, the most powerful since Jack or the members of the bloodline. We need to find out why she exists. It has as much power running through its veins as a demi-god. We will need to find it, and transport it somewhere else”. Skorm stood bolt upright. “That’s it!” he cried out. Avo looked puzzled, “what’s it? Transport?” Skorm laughed; “no, Demi-god. The source is a demi-god!”
Avo cocked an eyebrow, “have you been consorting with any mortals recently Skorm?” Skorm took a step backwards;
“No, no, no. Have you?”
Avo laughed, “not since that Greatwood incident! You know how badly that went wrong!”
Skorm looked puzzled, “then wh…oh no…ANOTHER GOD!!!”
Silenced followed the exasperated roar:
“uh…let’s go find it” he suggested nervously.
“yes, let’s” replied Skorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.