• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A thought occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
A thought occurs.

If the previous two games have taught us anything, it's that the Fable games put a lot of emphasis on the secondary characters, like Hammer, Theresa, etc., so there's a very good chance that Fable III will have its fair share.

Well, given that you're the king or queen of Albion, would it not be logical for Fable III's secondary characters to be the rulers and leaders of other nations? I, for one, think it would be interesting to fight alongside the president of Fable's version of America or the king of Fable's version of France.

I don't know, the idea just came to me, so there's room for improvement. Still, I thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Re: A thought occurs.

I like the idea of more interaction with other nations, and that's been pretty well confirmed. But I'm not sure that we'll be personally seeing anyone. I mean, where would the sense be in us spending a bunch of time in their country, or them spending a lot of time in ours, unless we were at war?

At the general tech level F3 seems to be at, it was still "hey, you, cousin of mine. Congrats. You're a ambassador. Go talk to the Albionese. Here's a boat to ride over there. Don't come back too soon." So... I suspect not.

But yes, it would be cool.

Though... maybe not American. From what I remember, colonization is supposed to be starting around now. No time for our colonies to start revolting, really. Though it could work out, one way or another.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Walker;339426 said:
From what I remember, colonization is supposed to be starting around now. No time for our colonies to start revolting, really. Though it could work out, one way or another.

But we must remember that the world of Fable is different from our world. They might not even have an equivalent to America, and even if they did, it could be established long before Fable 3, or long after it. And it wouldn't even have to come about by a revolution.

Rheckameohs;339363 said:
I, for one, think it would be interesting to fight alongside the king of Fable's version of France.

france can suck it, even a Fable-world equivalent of it.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Necromancer11;339474 said:
But we must remember that the world of Fable is different from our world. They might not even have an equivalent to America, and even if they did, it could be established long before Fable 3, or long after it. And it wouldn't even have to come about my a revolution.

france can suck it, even a Fable-world equivalent of it.

No reason to think that Albion won't eventually have something LIKE the US. It's not exactly an inevitable result of colonization, but it's pretty damn likely.

Also, I've spent enough time studying history that I really want to tell you to **** off. Nothing against the French. Especially not militarily. Maybe foodwise. I mean, c'mon, SNAILS? Really?

GaEv

Reaction score

Walker;339484 said:
No reason to think that Albion won't eventually have something LIKE the US. It's not exactly an inevitable result of colonization, but it's pretty damn likely.

Also, I've spent enough time studying history that I really want to tell you to **** off. Nothing against the French. Especially not militarily. Maybe foodwise. I mean, c'mon, SNAILS? Really?

I've had snails. They come served in garlic butter. They are very nice.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Walker;339426 said:
Though... maybe not American. From what I remember, colonization is supposed to be starting around now. No time for our colonies to start revolting, really. Though it could work out, one way or another.

Necromancer11;339474 said:
But we must remember that the world of Fable is different from our world. They might not even have an equivalent to America, and even if they did, it could be established long before Fable 3, or long after it. And it wouldn't even have to come about my a revolution

Walker;339484 said:

Understandable, but realize that when I say the Fable equivalent of America, I'm referring (primarily) to its government, culture, accents, etc., not its origins.

GaEv;339486 said:
I've had snails. They come served in garlic butter. They are very nice.

This. Snails with garlic butter is surprisingly scrumptious.

Twilight

Reaction score

America and France don't exist in the world of Fable...so no.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

The concept of counterparts eludes you, doesn't it?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;339491 said:
Understandable, but realize that when I say the Fable equivalent of America, I'm referring (primarily) to its government, culture, accents, etc., not its origins.

Yes-- and, essentially, to get all that in some way that makes rational in-story sense, it just about HAS to be a former colony. Otherwise, why is there this random other country with essentially the same language and a partially derivative culture?

But yes, they could just slap down a random US-knockoff with the accent and similar culture and gove an all, but it would seem more like parody for the sake of parody than anything else, unless given some kind of justification.

Though, on the other hand, if there were a US knockoff I doubt it would be a major part of the story. Yeah, I expect them to do a bit more with other nations. But I strongly suspect that the action will still be focused mostly on Albion.

Rheckameohs;339629 said:
The concept of counterparts eludes you, doesn't it?

It eludes lots of people. Be nice to them. They need it.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Meh not the modern warfare sort of thing though, i mean you wouldnt want fable 3 turning into some war game would you?

I mean yeah its a good idea and yes there is room for improvement.
I do agree that there should be more places to go to rather than just albion.

Yes, the fable 1 and fable 2 have a good range of walking space and all that but i think they could make it much bigger if they wanted to.

Also have a diffrent variety of creatures as well.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

fight along side T.O.B.Y :D

We would pwn

Rheckameohs;339491 said:

This. Snails with garlic butter is surprisingly scrumptious.

If visiting the equivelant of America, im sure the culture would be of the revolution times or the native americans.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

The only thing with the extra people is that sometimes they dont really help you with anything.
I mean in fable 2 the only time that the other heroes help me was when you had to get out of the cave from Reavers house. I mean thats the only true time that they ever helped me in the game, the rest of the game time i was killing everyone for myself.

Not that thats a bad thing or anything i mean i would prefer to kill everything myself rather than having a bunch of noobs do like 1 or 2 hits on them.

Not that their noobs or anything its just that it annoys me that people think they help you when they really dont help you at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.