• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ads On xBox 360 Dashboard?!?!?

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Ads On xBox 360 Dashboard?!?!?

Source

Kotaku.com said:
Sean Alexander, director at Microsoft's Advertising Business Group, has suggested that you could soon be seeing advertisements every time you fire up your 360 dashboard. Apparently, Microsoft "plans to bring IAB specifications for rich media technologies, including Silverlight, to Xbox Live within the year". With Silverlight being Microsoft's version of/competitor to Flash, MediaPost say "Silverlight-powered media on Xbox will have the same appearance as ads seen on a Web browser".

Since the goal is for advertising companies to launch the same campaign across multiple platforms - desktop, TV, mobile phone and Surface (Microsoft's touch-screen table) - it sounds a lot like the tech would be used on the 360 to display ads on your dashboard. And not the gaming ads you already see. Regular ads.

504x_ads.jpg

For the love of GOD this had better be fake.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Ads On xBox 360 Dashboard?!?!?

Oh, yay!

So now instead of encouraging people to play all day non-stop, it's encouraging them to play all day non-stop while drinking soda and eating McDonalds. That is just perfect, hmm, game on.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Microsoft went wrong a long time ago, they act like Vista is good, HAHA, Vistafail is more like it. Xbox? I don't know what they're doing , but lately they're just killing all their products. If only Apple made an Xbox360, it would be 10x better than Microsoft.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Excuse the language, but f*cking disgraceful if true.

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

Ha, this got posted in the wrong thread somehow.

Anyway, ads on 360? I couldn't care less, if it made Gold free, would be even better, but I doubt that.

LittleJBanks

Reaction score

That ESPN thing wouldnt actually be a bad thing. But instead of making it and Ad it should be like an Application that you can purchase and post on your dashboard.

LittleJBanks

Reaction score

Sean;318543 said:
Oh, yay!

So now instead of encouraging people to play all day non-stop, it's encouraging them to play all day non-stop while drinking soda and eating McDonalds. That is just perfect, hmm, game on.

At least they are utilizing some of the space to show sports, not completely un-healthy

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

LittleJBanks;318647 said:
At least they are utilizing some of the space to show sports, not completely un-healthy

I guess you're right. But the ESPN one is pretty small compared to the McDonalds sign, haha.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

LittleJBanks;318647 said:

Watching sports isn't exactly healthy. You never see people advertise for the sport football, you see advertisements for football games coming up.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

...They're invading.. INVADING EVERYTHING..*explodes*

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Yeah, just put McDonalds onto a lazy, and probably obese Xbox 360 obsessed's screen.
That'll help.
*Facepalm*

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Sean;318566 said:
Microsoft went wrong a long time ago, they act like Vista is good, HAHA, Vistafail is more like it. Xbox? I don't know what they're doing , but lately they're just killing all their products. If only Apple made an Xbox360, it would be 10x better than Microsoft.
Rawr. Mac lover.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

better not be covering up mah dashboard image. :getlost:

no surprise really, their already on your TV, radio, computer, T-shirts, billboards, magazines, food boxes, phone, school, and workplace. as well as getting constantly stuffed into your mailbox, car window, and door, amoung other places, not to mention the thousands upon thousands of adds streeming through the air and straight through your skull right this minuet. so why not your xbox dashboard aswell? after all, you can never be to aware of McDonalds. :getlost: so fine, put it on my dashboard, Im still not eating that garbage. If I want a burger, Il go some place that serves real food.

X

Xeon

Ads on the dashboard? Couldn't care less..

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

JohnDoe;318843 said:
Can't believe you left out the internets. >.<

thats what I meant by computer. :thumbsup:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Im not to bothered if they arent to intrusive as even most games have them in these days anyway. However i think they should either give people the option to disable them or make Live cheaper as Microsoft will obviously receive money for putting these ads on the dashboard for companies.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I'm more of a burger king man, myself.

Aberdeen Angus and Bacon Double Cheesburger V BigMac and a Happy Meal?

Lol.