• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Age of Empires II HD

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
age_of_empires_2_hd.jpg

One of my favourite RTS games of all time has been given the HD treatment & will release on April 9th (April 5th to customers who pre-purchase the game on Steam).

About
In Age of Empires II: HD Edition, fans of the original game and new players alike will fall in love with the classic Age of Empires II experience. Explore all the original single player campaigns from both Age of Kings and The Conquerors expansion, choose from 18 civilizations spanning over a thousand years of history, and head online to challenge other Steam players in your quest for world domination throughout the ages. Originally developed by Ensemble Studios and reimagined in high definition by Hidden Path Entertainment, Microsoft Studios is proud to bring Age of Empires II: HD Edition to Steam!
Minimum Requirements:
    • Processor: 1.2GHZ CPU
    • Memory: 1 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Direct X 9.0c Capable GPU
    • DirectX®:9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 2 GB HD space

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
"Originally developed by Ensemble Studios and reimagined in high definition by Hidden Path Entertainment, Microsoft Studios is proud to bring Age of Empires II: HD Edition to Steam!"

MAKE UP YOUR MIND, WHO MADE THIS GAME?!! WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN MASON!?

:lol: originally Ensemble of course but they were closed in 2009, so Hidden Path were given the task to reinvigourate the game (Defence Grid The Awakening & Counter Strike Global Offensive) but Microsoft own the rights to AOE brand. =]

One of my favourite games ever so had to purchase the HD version, just hope that it runs well still (heard of some early release lag) as I did still play the original from time to time.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
d00d, I preordered this **** the day it was announced.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I pre-ordered it too & preloaded it in anticipation & then havent had chance to play it yet. Work & Bioshock Infinite have got in the way of everything else.

Tyloric

Reaction score
I pre-ordered it too & preloaded it in anticipation & then havent had chance to play it yet. Work & Bioshock Infinite have got in the way of everything else.
What's your steam name, matey? 3 guesses what mine is.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
What's your steam name, matey? 3 guesses what mine is.

Just as predictable, same as it is here though might be without Caps.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Excellent nostalgia, but there seems to be some bugs. Or maybe I am remembering things wrong, but if you built a Woodcutting Camp with some Villagers, aren't they supposed to start chopping wood when they are done building?

Tyloric

Reaction score
They do. I haven't encountered that bug yet.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
My insolent serfs won't comply! :mad:

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
It has been updated to modern standards. Nobody will work unless you specifically tell them to.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I've just not whipped them enough.

Tyloric

Reaction score
It has been updated to modern standards. Nobody will work unless you specifically tell them to.

Incorrect. Mine immediately get to work. >_>

I can't play the game currently, though. The frame rate issues are killing me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Incorrect. Mine immediately get to work. >_>

I can't play the game currently, though. The frame rate issues are killing me.

Yeah mine is having frame rate issues too, a little lag every few seconds so I havent played it properly yet as it made it unplayable. However they released a patch yesterday which is meant to fix a lot of those issues & improve performance (havent had chance to test it yet).

Tyloric

Reaction score
Yeah mine is having frame rate issues too, a little lag every few seconds so I havent played it properly yet as it made it unplayable. However they released a patch yesterday which is meant to fix a lot of those issues & improve performance (havent had chance to test it yet).

It didn't. At least it didn't for me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It didn't. At least it didn't for me.

I think mine patched, not sure as havent patched anything through Steam before but doesnt seem to have fixed mine either.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Sooo... which is your favourite civilization?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sooo... which is your favourite civilization?

Back in the day I always had a soft spot for The Saracens but havent been able to play a full game on HD version yet due to the lag.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I kinda like the Franks. Charlemagne and all that stuff from back when the French were more awesomer. Love dem Throwing Axemen.

The Vikings are a given, but I'm not good at keeping multitasking both naval and land-based combat at the same time and that lessens your effectiveness as them.

The Goths are lovely too, but they aint got no walls, man. No walls.... You can swarm with Infantry though. Also, Swedes.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I kinda like the Franks. Charlemagne and all that stuff from back when the French were more awesomer. Love dem Throwing Axemen.

The Vikings are a given, but I'm not good at keeping multitasking both naval and land-based combat at the same time and that lessens your effectiveness as them.

The Goths are lovely too, but they aint got no walls, man. No walls.... You can swarm with Infantry though. Also, Swedes.

I want to test out the other Civilisations as my play styles etc may have changed & adapted over the years so be interesting to see which I would prefer now. However I might just get my old disc out & play that for a while because that works with no issues & no lag.

Tyloric

Reaction score
I think mine patched, not sure as havent patched anything through Steam before but doesnt seem to have fixed mine either.

I mean that the patch fixed nothing. At all.

Briton. <3 Elite Longbowmen