• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Age of Empires II HD

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I mean that the patch fixed nothing. At all.

I couldnt see any changes really either, compared to the fixes listed in the patch notes I saw no evidence of any improvement. I saw on their Twitter page talk about the patch & a follow up but havent read the post in full yet so dont know full details.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
That's so weird. I run it fine. Whats the one thing your rigs got in common that could be causing it?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
That's so weird. I run it fine. Whats the one thing your rigs got in common that could be causing it?

I will post detailed list of specs in laptop when I get home so we can see. The original runs perfectly still but something is causing the frame rate to lag & stutter soon as anything starts grouping on screen in this.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

The Steam community page is littered with people having the same issues.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The Steam community page is littered with people having the same issues.

Ive been reading through them since launch & lots are still having the same issues yeah. Hopefully they will continue to roll out patches & eventually get things running ok.

Didnt get chance to post specs of my laptop yesterday but will try & do it over the weekend.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Here are my specs, thought best way to show details was with the CanYouRunIt tool...

AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-64
2.1 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.36 GHz
3GB RAM
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
Pixel Shader 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0
ATI HDMI Audio

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They have released another patch (2.3) & I have only had chance to test it for 10 mins but it seems a lot better. I will try & get a full game in over next few days & see if the lag is as noticeable as it was when there is a lot going on.

Here are the patch notes:

For users experiencing the white screen due to unsupported GPUs, we’ve adjusted some of the game settings and added a new option for object shadow AA. Disabling this may resolve the white screen issue you experienced (though this is GPU dependent).

New Options:
  • Object Shadows Anti-aliasing (Enabled by default in builds prior to 2.2 for the improved shadows). Disabling may help improve performance & allow for expanded GPU support with some older Shader model versions.
  • Enable VSYNC option (can help reduce load on higher end GPUs)
  • Clamp mouse to window when in foreground
  • Quick match speed default to normal but can be changed to fast
  • Display mode options from main menu: Windowed, Fullscreen, Fullscreen Desktop (for multi-monitor)
    • Fullscreen desktop requires monitors to have matching vertical resolutions. Mismatched resolutions resulted in truncated UI and was disabled. You can still drag the game in windowed mode across multiple monitors.
Gameplay Modification:
  • Added nine additional grouping hotkeys and made group creation / selection keys modifiable.
    • After getting the patch you may be forced to re-create your hotkey file.
    • Group hotkeys can be changed by accessing options -> Hotkeys -> Game Commands.
    • Group Selection hotkeys cannot be modified by alt or shift keys, as these keys have special meaning in game (e.g. alt + group selection key = select and center on)
  • If multiple buildings of the same type are selected, unit training will sequentially be divided amongst buildings (Multiple building unit queues)
Bugfixes:
  • Missing grey background behind some tooltip text resolved (to improve text clarity)
  • Localization fixes
    • Fixed unlocalized Launcher Buttons
    • Added missing campaign text
    • Fixed unlocalized Russian UI
    • Added additional various localization fixes
  • Additional Achievement fixes
  • Trebuchet attack range fixes
  • Various campaign crashes due to string length overflowsGame ‘win’ counter should increment correctly
  • Quickmatch Map Size properly filters based on map size chosen
  • Performance warning typo fixes
  • Fixed AI files not being unpacked properly from workshop mods
  • Fixed workshop downloading only one update per launch of the game
Other:
  • When getting booted from the game, you will return to the main menu. This is by design due to the gameflow and how the title processes game information.
  • Gameplay version changed to 2.3
  • Matchmaking settings changed to the ‘widest’ setting permitted by Steam’s system.
    • Users may see different game lists for several reasons including:
      • User location (the system should return games that present a better play experience first)
      • Game legitimacy
      • Steam account standing
      • Filters
    • Please note when joining games that high pings may result in poor gameplay experiences.