• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Albion is too small

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
TW1 was, in a few words, rancid dog*****! A good idea, horribly executed. Word is that TW2 is a million times better.

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
This isnt Oblivion. If you want to explore for hours upon hours i would recommended oblivion, fallout 3 or fallout new Vegas. Fable has always given you an option to explore, but just not as much places to go. It has very nice graphics and there is a lot of fun quests, so the size of the maps never bother me in any of the fable games.

It should be more like Oblivion. It's one of the most engrossing games imo.

Vyan

Reaction score
The size of Albion is just fine, it's the content with-in that's the problem, there's little to do in all these regions once the main story is completed - repeatable fetch and courier quests aren't exactly rewarding, especially when you're playing a king or queen. I've opened all the chest on The Road To Rule, don't need anymore guild seals thank you. Introduce some faction rep or something along those lines, where weapons, clothing or tattoos are exclusive to the amount of effort you've invested in playing the game rather than running around the few shops in Albion collecting everything from the jump-off.

Areas like Driftwood were on the right path, helping with the progression of that community paid off with a a gold key in the end. Other than that, nothing else to do. Understone was a cool looking region, but other than gaining access to a new few stalls and some chests, it was hardly that memorable. Why introduce new regions albeit visually nice ones with little to no appeal to return to again and again?

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
Compared to the maps in fable 1 and 2 albion was much bigger. Oakfield was at the very top, bloodstone was at the very bottom, and knothole was... well an island. Now it only shows the middle? Id rather be able to go to Oakfield, knothole island and bloodstone rather then Aurora. Why would i want to go to another country when theres the rest of Albion to overthrow Logan?

You might be right, but the area in the middle has a bunch of areas to visit. I used to think Albion in Fable III was small, but that's because I fast traveled everywhere. One day I decided to just walk around the world. Boy I tell you, maybe I was walking slow or something, but it seemed to take forever to travel and walk around all of the different areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.