• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Aliens Exist!

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Oh my physics... Please, not another religious discussion. I've seen WAY too many all over the internet and no one ever becomes happy, because nobody ever wins. Yeah, I think christianity is false and that the people who believe it are wrong, but it's just a waste of everyone's time to convince on another to believe what you think. I tolerate what they believe, just as they do to me. Now please, can this discussion be about aliens? I know you all want to say something about religion, but I'd appreciate it if this thread doesn't turn into atheist/theist bashing...

[Preparing being-bashed-at sequence in 3... 2... 1...][Now prepared for being bashed at]

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I think the reason for the universe's creation is far more mysterious and inexplicable than some dude turning the lights on and walking around making little gardens. I'd sooner believe in the Tooth Fairy than that. It's probably something we will never know and never be able to understand.
Yeah it was pretty harsh but Christians get to so openly spread their views and look down on anyone else, I wanted a chance to say your religion is stupid as they would to most other religions as well as atheism.

You're so laughably ignorant it's staggering.

Not only that, but you're basically saying 'I'm right, you're wrong, deal with it."

I think I speak for most people, Christian or not, when I politely ask you to STFU and GTFO.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I think I speak for most people, Christian or not, when I politely ask you to STFU and GTFO.

As an Atheist, I think he is being a dickweed. So yes he should STFU.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Ridiculous, even if Aliens actually came to Earth,0 Christians wouldn't accept it. Face it all who argued with me are clinging onto some medieval scam and can't accept the truth.

And Angels and Demons were Aliens? Lol. That's the kinda thing Christians would say if Aliens came here. 'It's the reckoning, etc'... NO you're just f****** stupid and an embarresment to our planet. Everyone needs to grow out of religion, for everyone's sake.

You've obviously never read the Book of Ezekiel. That's freaky alien **** right there.

And yeah, I never have read the bible, why would I waste my time doing that, but in Paul when he says to the christian girl 'How do you explain me then?' and she feints, so I assumed the idiots believe life was only made on earth or something. And yeah I've only seen a trailer.

Read the first part of the bible? Ok, sure mate. Oh, the earth was made in 7 days? Afaik it formed over millions of years and is 4.5 billion years old. :O

Also - nothing out there that would make the bible untrue? Oh yeah, apart from angels with wings and a woman getting pregnant without anyone f****** her, and that biting into an apple caused everyones sins, etc, no mate, Christianity is retarded.

ALSO - evolution, the universe is 13.7 billion years old, why is there suffering? why does he, jebus, his angels, his demons, whatever, act now? In the Bible, it said he'd have been back by now. Whats more likely, that a perfect and loving God lets children get raped when he could avoid it, or that the christian God is a creation of bronze and iron age literature which explains why there's so much suffering and injustice in the world?

John 19:30 - "When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.”
Luke 23:46 - “Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.”

thats one of many mistakes in the bible so it could not have been written by/inspired by an all-knowing wise and powerful man in the sky.

Suck it.

Guy... Seriously, it's thinking like that which causes problems. People just assume their argument is the right one and attack the other side like they're idiots. Do some actual thinking and realise that you can't prove or disprove it, so the only thing that's left is to make sure that people just behave decently and don't try to force ANY viewpoint onto ANYONE else.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Speaking as a (very liberal) Christian myself:

Read the first part of the bible? Ok, sure mate. Oh, the earth was made in 7 days? Afaik it formed over millions of years and is 4.5 billion years old. :O

Only Fundamentalist Christians would believe this. Plus the Bible was written at a time when people didn't know everything we do know about the Earth and stuff.

Also - nothing out there that would make the bible untrue? Oh yeah, apart from angels with wings and a woman getting pregnant without anyone f****** her, and that biting into an apple caused everyones sins, etc, no mate, Christianity is retarded.

Again, Adam and Eve tie in with the Earth being made in 7 days thing; it's complete balls.

And it never actually says anywhere in the Bible that Angels have wings.

Lolololo

And the virgin thing was a miracle, so obviously science can't explain it.

ALSO - evolution, the universe is 13.7 billion years old, why is there suffering? why does he, jebus, his angels, his demons, whatever, act now? In the Bible, it said he'd have been back by now. Whats more likely, that a perfect and loving God lets children get raped when he could avoid it, or that the christian God is a creation of bronze and iron age literature which explains why there's so much suffering and injustice in the world?

...it never said he'd be back by now...?

It says he'd be back in 40x40 years, which was some time in the 1800s (I think), but that was just because at that time people were s**t at counting, so they thought 40 was a really high number and used that to display a great length of time (like Noah's Ark sailing for 40 days and 40 nights).

As for the suffering thing... how the f**k am I supposed to know?

John 19:30 - "When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.”
Luke 23:46 - “Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.”

thats one of many mistakes in the bible so it could not have been written by/inspired by an all-knowing wise and powerful man in the sky.

Suck it.

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

That's two people's account of the same event. If you watched a TV Show from the beginning without taking notes and then had to write out EXACTLY what happened, and got a friend to do the same, obviously the two accounts would be different.

I'm not trying to force my views onto you, I'm just saying, for the love of God, SHUT THE **** UP K??

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
bro. handsdown. can't we just forget the bible and skip to the part where we try to make sense of Lost? i'm pretty sure it'd be easier to make fun of since it's the most complex thing known to man, even if it hasn't sold a single book.

EDIT: I STAND CORRECTED
lostx-large.jpg

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Why is God holding one of Cthulhu's many penises....?

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
So on the topic of alien parasites.... Alien Parasites. What do you think of that?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
The Babel fish is small, yellow, leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the universe. It feeds on brain wave energy, absorbing all unconscious frequencies and then excreting telepathically a matrix formed from the conscious frequencies and nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain, the practical upshot of which is that if you stick one in your ear, you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language: the speech you hear decodes the brain wave matrix. It is a universal translator which simultaneously translates from one spoken language to another. It takes the brainwaves of the other body and what they are thinking then transmits the thoughts to the speech centres of the host's brain, the speech heard by the ear decodes the brainwave matrix. When inserted into the ear, its nutrition processes convert unconscious sound waves into conscious brain waves, neatly crossing the language divide between any species.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful could evolve purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God. The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic. "Oh, that was easy," says man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white, and gets killed on the next zebra crossing. Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys. But this did not stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme for his best selling book, Well That About Wraps It Up for God. Meanwhile the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different cultures and races, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
The Babel fish is small, yellow, leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the universe. It feeds on brain wave energy, absorbing all unconscious frequencies and then excreting telepathically a matrix formed from the conscious frequencies and nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain, the practical upshot of which is that if you stick one in your ear, you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language: the speech you hear decodes the brain wave matrix. It is a universal translator which simultaneously translates from one spoken language to another. It takes the brainwaves of the other body and what they are thinking then transmits the thoughts to the speech centres of the host's brain, the speech heard by the ear decodes the brainwave matrix. When inserted into the ear, its nutrition processes convert unconscious sound waves into conscious brain waves, neatly crossing the language divide between any species.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful could evolve purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God. The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic. "Oh, that was easy," says man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white, and gets killed on the next zebra crossing. Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys. But this did not stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme for his best selling book, Well That About Wraps It Up for God. Meanwhile the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different cultures and races, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.

Hitchhiker FTW.

Why is God holding one of Cthulhu's many penises....?

Read Cheez's thread!!

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
I find the concept of invisible all-knowing beings who are interested in judging you after you die laughable. There is no such thing. There is the Qun.
Shok ebasit hissra. Meraad astaarit, meraad itwasit, aban aqun. Maraas shokra. Anaan esaam Qun.
Struggle is an illusion. The tide rises, the tide falls, but the sea is changeless. There is nothing to struggle against. Victory is in the Qun.

Only in the Qun can you find enlightenment.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Crom laughs at your defiance, when you die, you will have to go before him, and he will ask you, "What is the riddle of steel?" If you don't know it, he will cast you out of Valhalla and laugh at you! That's Crom, strong on his mountain!

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Crom laughs at your defiance, when you die, you will have to go before him, and he will ask you, "What is the riddle of steel?" If you don't know it, he will cast you out of Valhalla and laugh at you! That's Crom, strong on his mountain!

The riddle of steel is is without rust, like how life is without rest. Only then can you realize that nothing weill ever be perfect and embrace the world as it is.
Meh, I made up some crap. Izit ennie gud?

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
The riddle of steel is is without rust, like how life is without rest. Only then can you realize that nothing weill ever be perfect and embrace the world as it is.
Meh, I made up some crap. Izit ennie gud?

I've seen worse from published authors.