• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Americans can't get stupider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Americans can't get stupider.

I've just came back from a week away in Germany, not far from Amburg and Nuremburg for those curious. I went there to visit my sister who's friends work on an American Army Base. It has a skateboarding park, houses, Subway, etc. It's like Little America. Please note that the people involved were not soldiers so don't bother saying "That's because they're in the army so they're stupid.. Uhhhh!"

#1:
We were in a Land Rover, with right hand drive and a British license plate. Here's the conversation.
American: Omg! Are you British?
Sister (Sam): Umm.. Yes.
American: Is this a British car?
Sam: Uhh.. Yeah.
American: Does it actually go? I didn't know that British cars could work here.
Sam: Yes, of course it goes.
American: Oh my god! Right hand drive can I get in!
Sam: O..k
American: I never knew you could actually run the engine over here. I thought you had different fuel.

#2:
A lot of the Americans living and working there thought the UK was a TWC or a Third World Country... Along with the rest of Europe.

#3:
My Brother in law works as a mechanic, fixing Stryker tanks. They had 6 shipped back from Iraq because the soldiers broke it. That's right. Not the taliban. The US army broke it. In his words, "You could give these people an anvil and they could find a way to break it."

Not trying to be offensive, but seriously. Stereotypical America.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Americans can't get stupider.

Agreed. Americans are stupid, good thing I am an Kentuckian.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Stupider isn't a word.

Irony.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;345275 said:

How is that supposed to not be taken offensively? You've just insulted my country and based your opinion on the stupidity of a few. Who's the ignorant one here?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;345278 said:
Stupider isn't a word.

Irony.

Hah. I sat there thinking for a few minutes if it was or if it wasn't... So I thought, screw it and put it down anyway.

LobotomizedLOVE said:
Who's the ignorant one here?

I'm English. It comes naturally.

LobotomizedLOVE said:
You've just insulted my country and based your opinion on the stupidity of a few.

50% of Americans can't name a country beginning with U.

I think I've made my point.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

How dare you say that! Of course they can! Mah daddy always said there's always room for improvement.

That said, I've divorced myself from both the term "American" as well as "Homo-sapien". As far as anyone is concerned, I'm from Saturn. I starship ran out of space fuel on my way back from the Venus mall and so I'm stuck on this damn primitive rock where my space phone can't get a signal. Why do I look like you all? Because this is where we used to banish our prisoners a long time ago. Apperantly they were not only able to breed, but also able to sustain a vaiable population over thousands of years. Damn.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

JohnDoe;345285 said:
Every nation has their ignorant.

True... The majority of English people believe that they shouldn't have to speak another language because everyone should speak English.

I'm not saying every American is stupid. But overall as a country...

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

The majority of the entire human species is ignorant and/or stupid.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;345283 said:
50% of Americans can't name a country beginning with U.

I think I've made my point.
I love made up statistics. Let me guess, you made that up based on that biased "America Isn't Stupid" video which has been proven to be fake at parts.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;345290 said:
I love made up statistics. Let me guess, you made that up based on that biased "America Isn't Stupid" video which has been proven to be fake at parts.

Actually, no. I have surprisingly never heard of that video. Link?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

That is pretty stupid.

I think it's not that they're stupid, but that they are pretty much all alone on their continent (excepting Canada, of course, but that's more like an extension of America to them), and have pretty much everything they need there. They don't need to look outward so much, so they stay inward. That fosters the "ignorance", for lack of a better term, they have for the outside world. Britain, for example, has alot of friendly nations close by, that you can drive to without any hassle thanks to the EU. It makes for a more multicultural society, and a more well travelled society, leading to a broader knowledge range.

And that of course doesn't apply to anywhere near every American.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Uzbekistan.

Anyways, I do have to agree, the typical American is stupid.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Trawgdor;345303 said:
Uzbekistan.

Anyways, I do have to agree, the typical American is stupid.

I think the answer he was referring to was the United States of America, or USA itself.

We know that everyone here is part of the more intelligent percentile in America, but I'm afraid I must agree - the majority of America is a little ignorant.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;345275 said:
I've just came back from a week away in Germany, not far from Amburg and Nuremburg for those curious. I went there to visit my sister who's friends work on an American Army Base. It has a skateboarding park, houses, Subway, etc. It's like Little America. Please note that the people involved were not soldiers so don't bother saying "That's because they're in the army so they're stupid.. Uhhhh!"

#1:
We were in a Land Rover, with right hand drive and a British license plate. Here's the conversation.
American: I never knew you could actually run the engine over here. I thought you had different fuel.

#2:
A lot of the Americans living and working there thought the UK was a TWC or a Third World Country... Along with the rest of Europe.

#3:
My Brother in law works as a mechanic, fixing Stryker tanks. They had 6 shipped back from Iraq because the soldiers broke it. That's right. Not the taliban. The US army broke it. In his words, "You could give these people an anvil and they could find a way to break it."

If you were french, I would sooooooooooo use this as an excuse to reach through the internet and rip your face off.

But with that aside, I think that most Americans here might be too quick to just jump up and say "stfu, you're ignorant!" For those people here who I know are American, I haven't seen anything especially stupid or ignorant in any of your posts, and I don't think any of you fit the stereotype of the 'stupid American' that a good deal of foreigners have in their heads, but just think for a second about how many stupid people and stupid comments you encounter in your life. It seems like I'm constantly thinking to myself "Jesus Christ, people are so f*cking stupid." I'm not saying that people are only like that here in the US, I'm just saying that there's a possibility that we have more of it than some other places. But again, I'm not sure. To have a definite answer about one such thing would be ignorant.

P.S. Sorry if there's some portion of this that doesn't make sense. It's late, and I'm tired.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

Despite how random or nonsensical I may get on these forumies, I actually do retain my own small modicum of intelligence, And I despise people who generalize all Americans as Stupid, Ignorant, or Moronic.Simply because I was born here does not mean I think that 2+2 = 5.

2+2 = 22.Everyone knows that.

Edit:Whoo, Whipped out the big vocabulary...

I need a nappy.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i completely disagree with your statement and am totally offended.

we can get much more stupid than that.
trust me.
i live here.
(help me escape)

EDIT: oh yeah. another ignorant thing i wanted to point out
US residents call themselves "American" which inhabitants of Mexico, Central, and South America all *facepalm* over.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Exactly, Maybe it is because I am down south, but it appears that a few members of my family (Inculding me) and my friends that came from Ohio or above are the intellectuals, while the rest wallow in false deffenitions, example:

1. Ex-girlfriend, a Straight-A-Student said this about Bipolar: Bipolar is when one day you are feel one way, and another day you feel another way.

2. 25 year old man came up too me when I had my legs crossed really tightly, and because of this and my long hair he thought I was female (That isn't the stupid part, nothing is strange about that.) when he heard me speak, he found out I was a dude and asked if I had no sack... Wait... WHAT? He continued saying he thought only women could sit liek that because men will squash their buddies doing that. Other people have said that it means your gay or even "Against the will of *insert deity here*" but never that I had no Testies!!

3. My uncle eats his own boogers.

4. I have seen MANY people pick their ears/noses in public and eat them/don't wipe their hands.

5. I was threatened my a sixty year old for wearing a Pentacle/Pentagram, not a verbal threat, he wanted to physically fight... A sixty year old... Wanted to fist fight... WOW.

That's all I have for now.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

LobotomizedLOVE;345280 said:
How is that supposed to not be taken offensively? You've just insulted my country and based your opinion on the stupidity of a few. Who's the ignorant one here?

Agreed.

This, I believe, could be considered racism. :/

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;345275 said:

#1:

#2:

#3:

I agree. If you took a look at this topic, I prove your point.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Tiamatria;345371 said:
Agreed.

This, I believe, could be considered racism. :/

Actually it is Nationalism, and it isn't even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.