• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Animated .Gif Avatars, You Can Now Have Them.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Was brought to my attention thanks to Hermit, that when you upload an animated .gif for your avatar that the image would lose its animation when resized for thread viewing. Well, I brought the issue to Steve's attention and he has now fixed this little problem.

You can now have animated avatars when posting around. From what I've tested so far.. the file size of images appears to be unlimited, however there is a maximum execution time limit when uploading. That being 30 seconds, so for right now if the gif takes longer than 30 seconds to upload for you.. then it simply won't work. Hopefully this will be corrected, but for the time being have fun with it.

Other issues such as the "0" alerts and missing template items are also being addressed along with other things. No exact ETA, but soon.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
It seems there's still a file size limit. There were several gifs I tried to use that it said were too big. Still though, I'm happy about this, and so is Haunter.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Little update here:

The execution time limit was bumped up to 180 seconds (3 minutes), so will allow you to upload bigger .gifs more easily.

It seems there's still a file size limit. There were several gifs I tried to use that it said were too big. Still though, I'm happy about this, and so is Haunter.

Hmm, one of the Admins should be able to fix it.

What were the sizes of those .gifs you were trying to use?

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Mine still says I can't exceed 68.4KB.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Mine still says I can't exceed 68.4KB.

Yeah, there's a group file size limit it seems, since I can upload up to 3MB for mine. One of the Admins should have it fixed for you guys the next time they're online.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
It's been increased to 90kB now.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
..Uh, that's a bit too small for them, Steve.

Staff members can currently go up to 3mb.

I'll be honest, 90kb is a little disappointing.

And the uploading of regular jpg/png avatars is still resulting in a server error message.

AM2cQ.jpg

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'll be honest, 90kb is a little disappointing.

And the uploading of regular jpg/png avatars is still resulting in a server error message.

Aye, I'm having that error as well. Glad to know it's not just me that's been getting it.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I'm cool with my kawaii RD image for now, but later I might use this power. Danke.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Sorry about the delay, folks. Got my best men on the case. Best men.*

* Might be a lady helping out, too.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Good to hear, though pointless for me as my Gif animation creator was on my old computer...
Guess I still have a 2 picture Gif...
No, wait, that's like 820kb...

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Okay, seriously, is 90kb all we're gonna get? It needs to be at least 1 to 1.5MB. These are GIFs we're talking about.

I have an awesome one that I still can't use. D:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Okay, seriously, is 90kb all we're gonna get? It needs to be at least 1 to 1.5MB. These are GIFs we're talking about.

Ive upped it slightly, see if that helps. Anything more would be overkill.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

1.5MB? That's insane. Can you imagine how long it would take the average low-end broadband user to load a page if every single person had a 1.5MB graphic slapped above their profile, on top of all of the default forum images? It's also a colossal waste of bandwidth. Do you intend to play out entire movies as avatars, or something? 90KB was more than enough.