• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any details on Fable 3 Couch Co-op?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinpower93

Reaction score
I have been looking around for a while and I haven't been able to find many specific details on offline co-op. In interviews and such different Lionhead representatives talk all about the online co-op and its greatness, but they barely mention the mechanics of couch co-op. Being twins, this is what my sister and I are really interested in. But recently I've become worried with this scarcity of details, and we are hesitant to go ahead and pre-order the game.

So my questions to anyone with knowledge on this are:

I've read that it will not be split-screen so how will the Sanctuary work for our individual inventories? Also, how will interactions with other npc's in the world work? Will it be possible to fully experience the entire game as a co-op partner in offline as it seems it will be in online play? And how shopping and changing appearances work? Basically, we're wondering will the local co-op gameplay be the same as the fully featured online co-op, just changed up to work with sharing a screen or whatever?

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
I don't think you will progress the main story when doing co-op, on- or offline. I'm not certain, but they have done something to story progression, I've heard.

I don't have anyone to do local co-op with really (since all my friends who are interested have their own consoles and so we'll rather play online co-op) but I'm guessing it will either be more like Fable II or it will simply be an offline version of the Fable III co-op. And about the sanctuary, it will probably be full screen with the other character following you around in your sanctuary, or having to wait until you're then. Just guessing though.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I don't think you will progress the main story when doing co-op, on- or offline. I'm not certain, but they have done something to story progression, I've heard.

I don't have anyone to do local co-op with really (since all my friends who are interested have their own consoles and so we'll rather play online co-op) but I'm guessing it will either be more like Fable II or it will simply be an offline version of the Fable III co-op. And about the sanctuary, it will probably be full screen with the other character following you around in your sanctuary, or having to wait until you're then. Just guessing though.
I've heard you progress normally. but the visiting hero is not in the cutscenes...

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
I've heard you progress normally. but the visiting hero is not in the cutscenes...

I see. Well, that could work pretty well. Theoretically, it would be possible to play through the entire game with a co-op partner. :D

I still wonder how exactly marriage, "business partnership", and having children will work with a co-op player; I hope it's not too complicated or anything, if so I will only do it for the achievements. Except maybe the business partnership deal, whatever that is. :p

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score
your going to share the same screen like in F2. and you can bring in a hero from another profile, or a henchman i think.
basically, they haven't talked much about it because not all that much is going to change

The Emancipator

Emancipation
Reaction score
your going to share the same screen like in F2. and you can bring in a hero from another profile, or a henchman i think.
basically, they haven't talked much about it because not all that much is going to change
what its goin to change alot you can bring in your hero no more henchmens your weapons morphed an all and your dog and no more fixed camera like 2 but iff its couch coop i have no idea they dont think like that anymore so you wont hear anything until release probably

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
Well coop marriage you guys share a home of somesort. You both can modify. Children probably live there

I just hope I can earn the live coop achievements, me and gf have different gamertags but we will be playing couch co-op online. If that makes sense

SilencerNate

Reaction score
I still wonder how exactly marriage, "business partnership", and having children will work with a co-op player; I hope it's not too complicated or anything, if so I will only do it for the achievements. Except maybe the business partnership deal, whatever that is. :p

I'm interested to see how they children work with other players as well. I can already come up with half a dozen ideas to put the 'slip' on a couple friends, and proof, they are a parent, or just had an entirely different relationship with my character than they thought when I invited them into my world.

twinpower93

Reaction score
Thanks for all the posts :)
Hmmm... Yeah, it seems like they really shy away from the subject of offline co-op ha. Unfortunately. Well, I like the fable games, and we were really looking forward to the co-op being fixed but now we're losing hope in the couch co-op. If only we had two TVs, two xbox360s, two xbox live accounts, and two copies of the game hah. The only thing giving us slight hope for a fully featured local co-op so far is this little video that mentions marriage in couch co-op. I really wish more interviewers would ask directly about offline co-op :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnv9Yd4vBeE

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Since they have improved the online co-op I don't think the local one would have been left behind, but it might not even be able to have as many features as the online one as it is in fact not live, and since it is played on one screen. But don't lose faith yet, I'm sure Lionhead will have come up with an enjoyable at the very least couch co-op. ^^

twinpower93

Reaction score
Hehe thanks ^.^ we'll keep hope alive but not too much just so we're not completely crushed if it kind of sucks. We might just have to take turns playing single player separately like with fable 2 :/ still a fun game but if we could play through the entire story together without any real setbacks it would be perfect and most likely make number one on our favorite games of all time! Guess we shall just have to wait and see because I doubt we'll get a straight answer before the game's release ha. Oooh well.

Kazmir

Reaction score
I have been looking around for a while and I haven't been able to find many specific details on offline co-op. In interviews and such different Lionhead representatives talk all about the online co-op and its greatness, but they barely mention the mechanics of couch co-op. Being twins, this is what my sister and I are really interested in. But recently I've become worried with this scarcity of details, and we are hesitant to go ahead and pre-order the game.

So my questions to anyone with knowledge on this are:

I've read that it will not be split-screen so how will the Sanctuary work for our individual inventories? Also, how will interactions with other npc's in the world work? Will it be possible to fully experience the entire game as a co-op partner in offline as it seems it will be in online play? And how shopping and changing appearances work? Basically, we're wondering will the local co-op gameplay be the same as the fully featured online co-op, just changed up to work with sharing a screen or whatever?

ok sounds like your just like me then. I dont play couch coop anymore, im all for system link now! Its the best offline experience. Im positive they will have couch co op and a bit improved but you need to try system link with your sister. Wouldnt that be cool to play on 2 seperate tvs and instead of sharing you have your own screen. Offline. Dont worry about couch co op it will be there and probaly improved. The whole reason i got on this forum is to see if it will support system link. Lol as soon as i get a answer im OUT of here. This one demo on youtube said ''fable 3 demo on connected consoles''. That could be my answer but not a official word yet.

twinpower93

Reaction score
yeah, system link does sound really amazing, but don't you have to have two separate xboxs and game discs? and then we'd have to work the two tv situation out haha. But it would make for the ultimate offline co-op experience!
Haha yeah, the only reason why Im on this forum is to find out any information on this couch co-op stuff hah. But im not sure we'll get any definite details till release :p But good luck to you on finding information on system link!

Kazmir

Reaction score
yeah, system link does sound really amazing, but don't you have to have two separate xboxs and game discs? and then we'd have to work the two tv situation out haha. But it would make for the ultimate offline co-op experience!
Haha yeah, the only reason why Im on this forum is to find out any information on this couch co-op stuff hah. But im not sure we'll get any definite details till release :p But good luck to you on finding information on system link!

thanks..ya you need 2 games, xboxs, tvs, and a special ethernet cord which is like 15$. Cheapest 360 xbox is 200$ which is brand new 4gb. The best system link game is saints row 2. Its practically gta 4 2 player....with your own screen! Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.