• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone Else Somewhat Disappointed? *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faedil

Reaction score
... Why fix something that isn't broken?......

I've said this on at least one other forum thread, but I equate the 'unpopular" changes in Fable III to the overwhelming disappointment in Windows Vista when it was released. While some people might have absolutely LOVED everything about the play style and user interface in Fable II, not everyone did and people have a tendency to complain about things. Also, I'm sure Lionhead did some sort of survey based research on what people liked/didn't like about the previous two games possibly even combined with research data on what people have liked/not liked about other RPG's or popular games recently. When Microsoft developed Vista, they made all these changes that consumers "WANTED." Then once they had these wonderful features that were so important to them, everyone hated the changes. I believe the same type of thing happened in Fable III. Lionhead collected data suggesting the majority of players disliked the long menus and somewhat cumbersome expression wheel (in regards to the fact that the joystick did not always go to the expression you wanted on the first try, as there were mroe than simple up, down, left, right choices) or complaints that mobs of villagers gathered around when a hero was popular (sometimes making it difficult to target a single villager) and things like this. While I agree some changes may have taken streamlining too far, ultimately it is what it is and ranting/complaining might make people feel better, the likelihood of it affecting Fable III is unlikely. Unrest about features might influence Fable IV, but be careful what you wish for or we might end up with something hated even more than the current game. People also keep thinking that the changes they want would be "easy" to implement in a simple patch or DLC. Changing the ENTIRE expression systme for the WHOLE game is NOT going to be an "easy" patch/DLC type of thing. MAYBE when they re-code the game to work with Kinect (assuming they actually do) they might work in some changes to basic game components. Code is harder to write than people think, and appeasing the masses is never easy. Some people hated the play style of Fable II, and some hate Fable III. Lionhead is NEVER going to be able to make everyone happy all at once, so just try to be happy with the storyline and novelty of the game. If you are too disappointed in it, you can always return it and buy something else.

Just my two cents, sorry for the long, drawn out post.

Elizafish

Reaction score
Am I the only one who really, really misses the whole moral appearance aspect of fable?
As in, when you are evil get horns, and good get a halo?
I know that you get them during combat, but I enjoy running around with massive horns on my head :D

I missed seeing my character evolve as decisions were made, and how incredibly difficult it is now to get my character to become nice and fat since you cannot eat food without injuring yourself first.

loridebartoni

Reaction score
It was definitely more mmm epic ? with the horns and the whole red eyes stuff... it's like heroes are actually loosing their bloodline by appearing more and more normal humans =0= COME ON A GAUNTLET? it seems like they even need help to use Will!

): I'm really sad, some part of me when I found out aboot the evil thing, I thought... maybe it's from the North! Ye' Old maybesomekindofJackOfBladesMaybe? Where's my storyline with the heroes at least, fable I had all those stories, Twinblade... Fable II at least with Hammer? Garth and smexy Reaver ! Theresa was also a little bit more present...

Right now what, you got to that grayish trip... with her speaking a second and they bye? ): I was sad when I saw the Tattered Spire..

I don't even love my dog like in Fable II.....

Carrington

Reaction score
ok ok, yes fable 3 was somewhat a big dissapointment to many of us, and we spent good money for it, however i feel that the reason some of you are dissapointed is because u had unrealistic expectations that fable is not at all about, not even close. like building up on albion, sure it would be alot better with a few more areas, but building towns, isnt driftwood enough? i see that u want to go into some town editor and build little hous in any place you want and shops etc., however that is NOT fable. fable is adventure rpg not a building game, if u want that try "CiVilization". thats basically my biggest problem with your rants.

bradio12

Reaction score
1st too short

2nd spoilers

spoilers

walter got killed

jelmu

Reaction score
Wasn't the part where you become the king suppose to be in the 50% of the game? I did the royal judgements in less than 1 day, that was pretty dissapointing, I wished there would have been more to do as the king

Status
Not open for further replies.