• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Armour

Necromancer11;402232 said:
Someone who just wanders in and makes some random post in an old thread probably just found it on a google search and most likely had no intention of staying here and becoming part of the community. Sometimes they don't even bother to check the thread again to see the responses to what they wrote.

You don't get to make that decision. If you act like an arsehole to new guys because you think they're not going to stick around, then of course they're not.

Sometimes you don't need to post.

Exactly. What was the harm in saying nothing here?

I don't. I've been letting a lot of necroposting go lately, but it's still irritating.

Who put the onus on you to be the thread bumping vigilante? You don't have to read these posts. You can even ignore them entirely if you like.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Arseface;402332 said:
Exactly. What was the harm in saying nothing here?

On the off chance he returns, at least he knows not to resurrect old threads.

Arseface;402332 said:
Who put the onus on you to be the thread bumping vigilante? You don't have to read these posts. You can even ignore them entirely if you like.

That's what I was doing, but I ended up skipping over new and active threads because I thought they had been resurrected. Not to mention that all these people have to do is look at the god damn dates and use their f*cking common sense to figure out that the conversation is over. Stupid people **** me off.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;402343 said:
On the off chance he returns, at least he knows not to resurrect old threads.

He'll know not to talk to you, because you're a dickhead to anyone you think is beneath you.

Necromancer11;402343 said:
That's what I was doing, but I ended up skipping over new and active threads because I thought they had been resurrected. Not to mention that all these people have to do is look at the god damn dates and use their f*cking common sense to figure out that the conversation is over. Stupid people **** me off.

Well I'm sorry we can't all stand up to your perfect standards. **** happens. People make mistakes. Get used to it.

I'll ask again: What's the harm in saying nothing here? No one's asking you to contribute (if you could call it that) to every new thread.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Arseface;402357 said:
He'll know not to talk to you, because you're a dickhead to anyone you think is beneath you.

Yes, that's true, but I don't see how that's relevant. I wasn't being a **** to him. I may have implied that he was stupid when I said that stupid people **** me off, but that was not my intention. While that statement is true, a more appropriate one would have been that stupidity in general ****es me off.

Arseface;402357 said:
Well I'm sorry we can't all stand up to your perfect standards. **** happens. People make mistakes. Get used to it.

I fail to understand how expecting someone to check a date and use common sense can be considered a 'perfect standard.'

Arseface;402357 said:
I'll ask again: What's the harm in saying nothing here?

I already answered that.

Arseface;402357 said:
No one's asking you to contribute (if you could call it that)

Please don't resort to petty and empty insults that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;402367 said:
Yes, that's true, but I don't see how that's relevant. I wasn't being a **** to him. I may have implied that he was stupid when I said that stupid people **** me off, but that was not my intention. While that statement is true, a more appropriate one would have been that stupidity in general ****es me off.

You were being cold enough that if it were me, I would be put off from returning here.

I fail to understand how expecting someone to check a date and use common sense can be considered a 'perfect standard.'

It's not even that. Just be nicer to people is all I'm trying to say. You could have said something along the lines of, "This is an old thread, so please try to refrain from bumping it. As an aside, would you care to introduce yourself in the Oakvale Town Square? :)" Much more welcoming, and he would be much more inclined to stay. Instead you effectively told him to go away.

I already answered that.

Really? What horrible evils would have befallen the forums had you not stepped in to save the day?

Please don't resort to petty and empty insults that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

All I was implying was that you really didn't contribute to this thread after the bump. Sorry if it came off differently.

Lithary

Reaction score

ronm100;402209 said:
Why do you need to explain people 100 times that IN THE TIMES OF THE GUNPOWDER WARFARE THERE WAS NO MORE USE OF ARMOUR IN OUR REAL WORLD

Well, they weren't using huge hammer ether...

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Arseface;402376 said:
You were being cold enough that if it were me, I would be put off from returning here.

Arseface;402376 said:
you effectively told him to go away.

You seem to have a very skewed view of a completely neutral post.

Arseface;402376 said:
Really? What horrible evils would have befallen the forums had you not stepped in to save the day?

We don't need your sarcasm to know that none of this is a huge deal. He probably won't even look here and post something again, but if he did, at least he knows not to post in an old thread now.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;402383 said:
You seem to have a very skewed view of a completely neutral post.

If I had been in his position, I would have been disinclined to return based on your post. That's bad for the forum. I'll state again: there's no harm in just leaving it alone.

We don't need your sarcasm to know that none of this is a huge deal. He probably won't even look here and post something again, but if he did, at least he knows not to post in an old thread now.

Oh, well as long as you're making the world a better place.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Arseface;402387 said:
If I had been in his position, I would have been disinclined to return based on your post.

Why?

Arseface;402387 said:
Oh, well as long as you're making the world a better place.

We don't need your sarcasm to know that none of this is a huge deal.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;402463 said:

Because it was cold, and I got undertones of "Get lost, you're being annoying." That's not how we want to treat anyone, let alone new people. Just try to think about how others might percieve your posts.

And sarcasm is a persuasive tool. A good one, too. I'm trying to make a point.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

So we have a debate about necroposting in a thread about armour which has now caused the thread to require a lockdown, despite being a valid discussion.

Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.