• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' Ends With Another WTF Ending, Won't Go World War 2

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score
'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' Ends With Another WTF Ending, Won't Go World War 2

sfroggy1news.gif

'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' Ends With Another WTF Ending, Won't Go World War 2 Anytime Soon

assassinscreedbrotherhood_interview.jpg

E3 was certainly very sequel-heavy this year, but I couldn't help but be impressed with what Ubisoft Montreal is doing for "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood." Apart from the standard story-based missions, they've layered in strategy and city-building elements to make the experience even more well-rounded than the already-excellent "Assassin's Creed 2." But even with these changes, there are certain aspects that will remain true to form for the franchise. A mind-f*** of an ending, for example.

I spoke with Patrice Désilets, the Creative Director on the project, shortly before he left Ubisoft earlier this month. Based on our discussion, it didn't seem that he knew that his upcoming plans were outside of the company, as he freely discussed the future of the franchise. But he started by discussing the end of "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood."

"The other day I was recording the ending of 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' with Desmond, with Nolan North. He was reading it and then he was like, 'Credits?! You mother f***ker! What do you mean credits?!' And I was like, 'Well, it ends there.' [Patrice makes the sound of Nolan grunting in frustration]. He's really into it, which is great."

While Patrice didn't embellish more than that, it sounds likely that you'll be staring at your TV, mouth gaping, just as you've done at the end of the first two "Assassin's Creed" games. If you don't like ridiculous cliff-hangers, you should probably be playing "Kinectimals" instead.

Knowing full well that Désilets would never divulge the setting of the "Assassin's Creed" game after "Brotherhood," I followed up by asking him where he thinks the "Assassin's Creed" franchise would never go. His answer was a bit surprising:

"I don't see why we would do a World War II setting. We could do it, it would be fine. Like, let's go assassinate Hitler. But really? I know everyone's asking for a Japanese 'Assassin's Creed,' but I've been talking to some Japanese people and they're like, 'Don't do it. We do our own historical thing.' I've been fighting a lot saying it's not going to be a ninja, but then I'm like, why not? But I ask myself, how many games can we make in World War II? That's maybe the only [setting] I'd say is not interesting to me."

With Désilets' departure from the series, it does open up the possibility of an "Assassin's Creed" game being set in World War II. It's worth noting, though, that he was in charge of laying out the timeline of the centuries-long battle between the Assassins and the Templars, and if World War II wasn't factored into that, maybe it'll be skipped entirely?

Whatever Ubisoft ends up doing, we can at least look forward to a solid installment in "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood," which is most definitely not an easy cash-in, what with its added gameplay mechanics and multiplayer modes.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Re: 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' Ends With Another WTF Ending, Won't Go World War

I like open-ended endings :) they make me want to play more and they make me more excited for the next game which is good on their part. Assassinating Hitler sounds interesting to me because I studied a lot on him and I'd like to see how it would turn out.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' Ends With Another WTF Ending, Won't Go World War

I expected a WTF ending to be honest, the last 2 had them so its kind of integrated into the series now. :lol:

I also hope they dont do WWII, i mean shooters have finally started to stray away from it after milking it for everything it had. This type of game should avoid it too.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

I hope they stick to ancient themes really, anything in 19th century seems abit overused in the industry. Personally egypt for me would be an interesting idea for assassin's creed but mehhhhh....

I hope it doesn't flop into anything cheesy.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Loving the mind**** endings, guys. Seriously the best (or one of, at the very least) storylines in any medium I can think of.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Hermit;401998 said:
I hope they stick to ancient themes really, anything in 19th century seems abit overused in the industry. Personally egypt for me would be an interesting idea for assassin's creed but mehhhhh....

I hope it doesn't flop into anything cheesy.

I'd like Egypt. The one problem I had with AC2 is that the location and setting wasn't too "assassiny". In AC1, it seemed perfect.

Egypt seems like a good location.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Nah, Middle East has been done (and done well). Take it to colonial times.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

I'm thinking Spain or France tbh. it makes sense to put the next game there. Ezio visited Spain in his travels. Who's to say his children didn't settle there?

France would be a interesting place to have the third game. Thing is you could only have it in the Renaissance or part of the Revolution.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I like the idea of the French Revolution!

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Arseface;402168 said:
Nah, Middle East has been done (and done well). Take it to colonial times.

Egypt is in Africa...

Sure, it's a similar setting but I'd think it'd have quite interesting plots.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

kill king louis...
that actually doesn't sound half bad!

king ferdinanand and queen isabel wouldn't be bad targets either! that would be a great place to set it up with the discovery of the new world around the corner... that would be a sweet way to integrate the desmond miles storyline. ^_^

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;402190 said:
Egypt is in Africa...

Sure, it's a similar setting but I'd think it'd have quite interesting plots.

Wikipedia said:
The Middle East (or, formerly more common, the Near East)[1] is a region that encompasses southwestern Asia and Egypt

I don't really want to go running around the desert again.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

I don't want to keep the debate going, but I don't remember a desert (more of a general wilderness crossroads grassy knoll thingie) in AC1 :p anywho it was just an idea, it could be set anywhere.

France sounds my fav suggested so far, it would be cool to see Paris with the ubisoft engine. ;)

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Deserts aren't just beaches without water. What you saw in AC 1 was a pretty typical Middle Eastern desert