• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Aurora [SPOILERS]

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score
Aurora [SPOILERS]

Big Spoilers ahead so don't read on if you haven't completed the new DLC !

GAP (lol)

Sooooo I, like many other people, are probably wondering about what Theresa said at the end of the See The Future DLC. Here is how this last 'Mission' goes:

Theresa is seen again, still at the top of the Spire after receiving a model of the Spire from Murgo the Trader. Using the Spire model will transport your hero to the top of the Spire, placing you before Theresa. She will greet you and insinuate that she intended you to make it back to the Spire. She will then give the hero a glimpse of the future, showing the hero [or one of his/her descendants) as King of all of Albion, with a loyal army and citizenry. Towards the end of the vision, focus turns to a baby carriage, with Theresa standing next to it. A newborn lay inside, and Theresa mentions the name Aurora before the vision ends. Afterward, Theresa sends you away from the Spire a second time.

I'm pretty sure Fable 3 will be centred around your offspring that was in the baby carriage, as most of you will agree.

The significance of this 'Aurora' can not be ignored though. Is it a person or place? A possible location as an alternate to another return to Albion? Maybe your offspring will be this 'Aurora' and Fable 3 will place you against your own child in the future? :p Will there be a 3rd DLC? (it was hinted at but I forgot the source)

Farfetched ideas but I guess we will eventually get an answer. Discuss ! :D

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Re: Aurora [SPOILERS]

^ that sounds like a logical idea and plot for a story, and I can't wait to play this dlc!!!!!!!!!!

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

• I believe Theresa says something about 'the fate of Aurora will rest in your childs hands' basically. Therefore I doubt its your child's name. Not 100% sure on that quote but the way it came across it didn't sound feasible that your child was called Aurora.
  • Since your child will probably be a focal point of the new game its probably safe to assume that there will not be a 500 year gap in Albion time between Fable II and Fable III.
  • The possibility that Aurora is a new continent is sound, but it could be some sort of natural disaster that threatens the world of Albion. This probably stemming from Aurora Borealis, a natural occurring phenomenon.
  • Also: named after the Roman goddess of dawn, Aurora.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

James Butts;296275 said:
^ that sounds like a logical idea and plot for a story, and I can't wait to play this dlc!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers ! :D It's really good btw and you will defo enjoy it !

weirdkidinabox;296277 said:
  • I believe Theresa says something about 'the fate of Aurora will rest in your childs hands' basically. Therefore I doubt its your child's name. Not 100% sure on that quote but the way it came across it didn't sound feasible that your child was called Aurora.
  • Since your child will probably be a focal point of the new game its probably safe to assume that there will not be a 500 year gap in Albion time between Fable II and Fable III.
  • The possibility that Aurora is a new continent is sound, but it could be some sort of natural disaster that threatens the world of Albion. This probably stemming from Aurora Borealis, a natural occurring phenomenon.

1. Interesting . . . I don't think it's your child's name either tbh was just trying to come up with very weird possibilities. :hmm:

2. Definitely agree with you there ! :D

3. I like this idea alot ! That's some good info right there ! :w00t:

Thanks for these great ideas !

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

first of all, PM did mention that they are working on more dlc on the "see the future preveiw" that can be watched on xbox live. :D :w00t:

I think weirdkid is right about what Theresa said about the fate of aurora.

this probably wont do anything, but you could try nameing your child aurora. in fable 1 if you named your character something spicific (dont remember) it gave you a message.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Had a bit more of a think about this...

"Named after the Roman goddess of dawn, Aurora."
Could also allude to not merely fighting a mere mortal but to going head on with a god to save Albion.

TJ, since when could we name characters except on the profile page :wacko:

U

ultimakey

i think its just going to be more DLC and you become king in a different world(AURORA) in the future and by buying something from Murgo that can see the future and your kid is in danger or dangerous and you have to chose to save him or her or kill him or her

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

ultimakey;296348 said:
i think its just going to be more DLC and you become king in a different world(AURORA) in the future and by buying something from Murgo that can see the future and your kid is in danger or dangerous and you have to chose to save him or her or kill him or her

I like this idea aswell ! Great Idea :D I hope it does mean more DLC, but I guess we all just have to be patient for now :(

TJ Griffin;296348 said:
first of all, PM did mention that they are working on more dlc on the "see the future preveiw" that can be watched on xbox live. :D:w00t:

I haven't seen that yet hmmmm . . . Good to know there's goin to be a 3rd DLC on the way ! :w00t:

weirdkidinabox;296348 said:
"Named after the Roman goddess of dawn, Aurora."
Could also allude to not merely fighting a mere mortal but to going head on with a god to save Albion.

I'm likin these ideas u keep puttin forward weirdkidinabox ! A showdown with some God, much like the Jack of Blades battles . . . could be interesting !

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

This is something I found earlier:

Aurora is a unknown entity referenced in the quest The Vision, in the DLC See the Future. Theresa meantions that the Hero's child will control the fate of both Albion and Aurora. It isn't currently known what exactly Aurora is.

Theories

Note: These are only rumors relating to what Aurora is, none of these rumors are official from Lionhead Studios.

Aurora could be the planet Albion resides on.
Aurora could be a character that assists the Hero in Fable III
Aurora could be the Galaxy that Albion resides on.
Aurora could even be a new continent, much like Albion, that will be discovered in Fable III.
editNotes

Aurora means Dawn or The Goddess of the Dawn. (weirdkidinabox already posted this, good find !)

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Damn I wish I had 20 bucks on a credit card, I need microsoft points!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

to answer your question yes there will be a 3rd DLC
peter moleynuex says there is

KidD_MONi

KidD
Reaction score

has anyone considered aurora to be a person? someone very close to the character like a sibling, love interest, best friend, former best friend, rival, or arch nemesis whos faith is with in your hands, giving you the choice to either spare, kill, save or just let the be. but thats just a thought a thought i just came with it could very well be a continent

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

Well, as someone mentioned before, the word 'Aurora' might refer to the Aurora Borealis, which is a natural phenomenon visible near the North Pole. It might also refer to the Goddess Aurora, the Roman Goddess of Dawn...

There is also another possibility: It might be a world. Everyone keeps saying that Aurora is this whole new world or place that the Hero will eventually travel to, but has anyone ever thought of Aurora as the world the Hero was ALREADY in? I mean, he/ she's in Albion, but there's Sandarkharn and who knows what other countries there were. Maybe, Aurora is like Earth to them. We live in a country on Earth. So, the Hero lived in Albion on Aurora.

A bit of speculation for you, but there!

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

They've already said that it's a continent.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

And don't post in old threads.