• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Avoiding Scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score
As I see it, I would just like to recommend that everyone trades their weapons IN-GAME aside from giving a stranger their code as this is A LOT more safe instead of giving up your code.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
the weapons wont be tradable in game.
thats why we are all swapping codes...

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
well, id rather risk it for an awesome wep, than just keep my crappy hammer im never going to use...

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score
To be honest, chances are everyone is going to replace their pre-order weapon pretty early on as they aren't as powerful as most. In my opinion, it kinda takes away from the game because you skip so many tiers of other weapons.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
arent as powerful?
all weps can be leveled up to level 5, so they are equally as powerful as you want them to be...
and the tierd can be upgraded through the road to rule. so i dont quite see your point?

i will probably change wep as often as i change clothes though, since i like matching stuff.

Autarch

Reaction score
Actually, all the weapons are MEANT to be useful for the situations they're designed. It won't work out this way, of course, but the mechanics of the weapons are hidden enough for this not to matter.

Oh, I suggest eBay or Paypal if you're looking to make this work properly. Otherwise you really do have to hedge your chances.

A. Gamer

Reaction score
Exploits my dear friend, exploits.
Sadly, these won't be 'traded' (they won't even show up on the trade list) with other players, and you won't be able to 'dupe' them in game either. These are 'DLC', which means that they will have additional restrictions tied to them (i.e. you won't be able to use/have them on a secondary console if you aren't logged into Live). Also, according to a Lionhead post, these exclusive items will NEVER be available to purchase on the Live marketplace.

So, the ONLY way to legitimately obtain these in-game is going to be via code entry with your account. Which is why we are all trading the codes, and not the items in-game.

However, the other 50 (?) in-game "rare weapons" are a different story, and those will be able to be traded (and probably eventually duped).

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score
Does the word exploit mean nothing to you? I'm sick of everyone thinking they know how exploits can even be used before the game is barely even releasing. Did I ever once say dupe? No.

A. Gamer

Reaction score
Uh... When was the last time you actually exploited DLC content? We are talking about 2 different things here. No doubt one will be able to 'exploit' any of the in-game content (i.e. the other 50 or so rare weapons)... But, unless you plan on messing with your console, and risking getting it banned from Xbox Live, you aren't going to be 'exploiting' any DLC content.

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score
Exploit, Mod, there is no difference. (Unless you want to get technical)
And you'd be surprised to see how cheap and easy it is to get a Jtag xbox. And actually you CAN exploit DLC content through the person who had the weapon in which it is possible to distribute it. No it isn't easy, but its been done before buddy.

Edit: As a note of irrelevancy, this is my last post regarding mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.