• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bethesda built Morrowind & Cyrodiil into Skyrim? Why?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Looks like Bethesda's Todd Howard finally gave an answer as to why they did this..

Todd Howard said:
The reason they are there – and I will not say if we are or are not using them in the future – is when we first built the landmass for Skyrim we knew we were going to have these tall mountains.

And what can you see see? We have views early in the project where you can see into the [neighbouring] province from the other game. We needed to have something [there].

It’s not high detail. If you walk there, from a distance it’s…yeah, the stuff is there. And the thinking is, maybe we’ll use it one day, but our larger worry was, I’m going to climb up on top of a mountain and look that way. What will I be able to see there? We try to cover all those angles as much as we can.

http://gamerant.com/skyrim-dlc-expansions-morrowind-oblivion-robk-133113/

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
I expected that to be the case, though I never actually noticed the landmasses seeing as I played Oblivion after I played Skyrim. Here comes the 4GB DLC... which I can never download... :'(

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I noticed in his quote he also hinted that there is still a chance they could be used in the future.

Yeah, here's hoping they actually do. I know the modders will inevitably get their hands dirty with it, but that's a huge undertaking with plenty of windows open for glitches and especially when it's a one-man show who can't gather friends for the project. Not to mention unfinished business from lack of motivation and inspiration, they're not getting paid for this after all. :lol:

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
If they are adding an entire province as DLC that will be amazing. I was hoping they would wait to combine regions until they had fully shown each one, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of a remastered Morrowind DLC didn't tickle me in strange places and make hair sprout in areas that it never has before. Maybe it's just some strange delayed puberty, but either way I would love to play that.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
If they are adding an entire province as DLC that will be amazing. I was hoping they would wait to combine regions until they had fully shown each one, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of a remastered Morrowind DLC didn't tickle me in strange places and make hair sprout in areas that it never has before. Maybe it's just some strange delayed puberty, but either way I would love to play that.

I have to wonder how actually possible all of it would be, sure they could just make a scaled down replica of Morrowind in the game, but it just wouldn't be the same.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score
they also probably left it there for the modders