• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bethesda Opens Up Dawnguard Beta Applications For the 360

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Bethesda has announced that due to the success of public beta testing on the PC, they are going to be accepting applications for beta testing the Xbox 360 version of Dawnguard. Accepted applicants will not only receive early access, but they will also get Dawnguard entirely for free. More information can be found on the Beth Blog, and you can sign up for the beta at DawnguardBeta.ElderScrolls.com.

I signed up :)

Cain

Reaction score
You must have a registed account on their forums. Just in case anybody misses it

Thread #1
Thread 2 http://forums.bethso...ard-360-beta-2/

dawnguardbeta.elderscrolls.com

Want a chance to play Dawnguard early? Following the success of our PC beta updates, we're excited to announce our Dawnguard Beta for Xbox 360.

Visit beta.elderscrolls.com to apply. The process should only take a couple minutes, but make sure to fill out all the information accurately. Applicants need a registered account on our official forums and you'll want to make sure your forum email address is updated.

We will be selecting applicants in about a week. Players accepted into the beta will receive an Xbox LIVE code to redeem Dawnguard. The beta is the full version (complete with Xbox LIVE achievements) and those participating will not have to purchase the content.

Thanks again for your continued support of Skyrim!

So good luck to the Xbox 360 owners, and hopefully for those who got an invite you actually "test" it
wink.png

Oh, and please keep the discussion clean!

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
This Beta is just another publicity stunt.

Cain

Reaction score
This Beta is just another publicity stunt.

Right, because making sure a new expansion has as little bugs as possible for the millions of people who might buy it can't possibly be a concern of Bethesdas'.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Imagine the bugs in a released Bethesda product. Now imagine the bugs in a Beta Bethesda product.

You don't seem to understand the point of beta testing. >_>

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Come on. Bethesda suddenly making an open beta. Nowadays it's just a publicity stunt and nothing more. Defend it all you want, but that's my opinion.

Tyloric

Reaction score
Come on. Bethesda suddenly making an open beta. Nowadays it's just a publicity stunt and nothing more. Defend it all you want, but that's my opinion.

It's really not. Beta testing, whether they're public or not, happen with every single title on the market. Game testing is an essential part of production. Is a public beta new for Bethesda? Yes, it is. But at least they're trying to keep up with the standards of the industry. Plus, how this beta goes will probably influence how they handle the inevitable TES: Online beta.

Azer249

Reaction score

Disagree completely, Bethesda have let users on PC test every single beta update using an opt in service before it is sent live to any of the consoles or Steam users without them needing to opt in. Yes this is different to DLC, but when new features were added it was still a beta. I just think they are trying to make sure they get the DLC perfect/less bug ridden before the full release.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Plus, how this beta goes will probably influence how they handle the inevitable TES: Online beta.
This is a far-fetched assumption.

Disagree completely, Bethesda have let users on PC test every single beta update using an opt in service before it is sent live to any of the consoles or Steam users without them needing to opt in. Yes this is different to DLC, but when new features were added it was still a beta. I just think they are trying to make sure they get the DLC perfect/less bug ridden before the full release.
Maybe yes, maybe not. Still feels like a publicity stunt.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I see no harm in voluntarily participating in early released content to better the experience for the rest of the community, free of charge. I wish more companies would follow this method to be honest, I certainly enjoy doing it on the PC version. If it weren't for the public beta updates like Azer mentioned, we'd be dealing with some pretty buggy patches right now.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how wanting to extend quality assurance while incidentally giving fans something early to enjoy, is a publicity stunt.

Tyloric

Reaction score
This i agree with. A DLC beta probably wont have much (if any) impact on a totally different game thats not even being developed by Bethesa.

You'd be surprised. KoR:A was being used as a 'beta' for their MMO before the company went out of business.