• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bosses.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Bosses.

I will enjoy the drunken bar fights. ^_^

A

Arcturius

droded;98446 said:
I will enjoy the drunken bar fights. ^_^
\

Same here :D

If they say you can use the environment, during a bar fight i want to rip the lute from the bards hands and smack whomever im fighting over the head with it, maybe along with a short, slow-mo cutscene. Like they do in boxing games. ^_^

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Aha, the Lute! They should definitly have the Bards actually use them in Fable 2!

B

blu phoenix

droded;98457 said:
Aha, the Lute! They should definitly have the Bards actually use them in Fable 2!

And sing at the same time...I would pay them extra:lol: Bar fights would be interesting....seeing beer being thrown and people getting punched, although I'm not sure this could be considered a 'boss fight', unless a boss was actually in the bar/tavern.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I would love to see an Electric Lute solo... It would actually be epic.

Again another sort of Easter Egg.

B

blu phoenix

I think maybe some boss fights should allow you to transform into something else. Say perhaps your boss is just your basic white balverine, but then you train and learn...or maybe by magic experince, you can transform into the same thing. It might make it less of a challenge, depending on the boss, but it could prove useful. I don't know really, just an idea, but it could inflict some more damage upon the boss.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I wouldn't like that. I would however enjoy being shrunken suddenly for a certain amount in the game, and have to come with being tiny.

R

Rhadiel

bosses i think should be in Fable 2

• The Hobbe UnderLord : A giant of a hobbe, w/ large, spikey armor and weilding 2 axes....
  • Vampire Queen: Ruthless queen of the vamps :p
  • A Giant Evil Badass Fire Demon....like the Balrog in LOTR
  • Pirate King
  • The Orc Lord
  • The Troll King
  • The Minion Boss
  • Lucien : Obviously...hes the main baddy in Fable 2

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Ignored my suggestions? :(

-Sandgoose

-Giant Singing Sword

-A guy's Afro, which was too huge and untamable for the guy so it is on a rampage destroying people.

R

Rhadiel

droded;98510 said:
Ignored my suggestions? :(

-Sandgoose

-Giant Singing Sword

-A guy's Afro, which was too huge and untamable for the guy so it is on a rampage destroying people.

ummmmm the afro guy im ok w/.....but a sandgoose? how about a giant Sandgoose w/ an GIANT afro and a big Singing Sword lol

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

That would be an interesting fight.;)

R

Rhadiel

droded;98523 said:
That would be an interesting fight.;)

ya it would.....wat if the sandgoose had armor???? and a shield?.....omg:O wat if...it had a rifle?????

B

blu phoenix

Rhadiel;98503 said:
bosses i think should be in Fable 2
  • The Hobbe UnderLord : A giant of a hobbe, w/ large, spikey armor and weilding 2 axes....
  • Vampire Queen: Ruthless queen of the vamps :p
  • A Giant Evil Badass Fire Demon....like the Balrog in LOTR
  • Pirate King
  • The Orc Lord
  • The Troll King
  • The Minion Boss
  • Lucien : Obviously...hes the main baddy in Fable 2
I'd love to see a Vampire queen and fight her. I bet she would be difficult to beat...hopefully.:p

-Sandgoose

Now that would be an enjoyable fight!:p:lol:

R

Rhadiel

wat about...an EVIL sandgoose...and like the scorpion in fable.....it will atk you....then did underground and lil mini sandgooses will appear....

A

André OK

The pirate boss idea sounds a lot like Twinblade if you ask me. But a quest could be to infiltrate the ship, fleet, or camp to slay the leader. Or persuade him to stop, or to do something.

I like the idea of long lasting boss-battles. One time when i played Star Wars: Jedi Knight II multiplayer, i had a breathtaking duel against another player. We started in a small room, but the battle did not end in that room. We fenced and i pushed him through a long corridor into a big hall where the fight went on for a few minutes before he killed me. It was breathtaking because it was not slice-block-slice-dead. I had to run and be aware of where i went. That was truly exiting.

One idea could f.ex. be a battle against a human or humanoid, and not a monster. I would have to fence. Mabye start somewhere, and he will run away from me, but i have to follow to kill him. Pherhaps he will try to cross a bridge og something smaller, but i'm stopping him, and we would have to fence on that bridge trying to keep balance as well as defend myself. Kicking is a good feature. The Havoc physics engine will make it possible to make an effect depending on where the kick, or punch hits.

Another idea would be if i hit the opponent in the hand with my cutlass, he will have to shake his hand in pain, run away, or mabye become lesser effective from the handicap.

The battle will continue in many stages until the final blow. Somehow this boss will be killed, or wiped out by you. There should not be only one way to do the final blow, but several. All from cutting off his head, or stab his heart, shot him, throwing something big at him or even kicking him off a cliff or something.

When you finally make that blow, it will make you fell much better about yourself than if you do the same thing on a foe 8 times until his healthbar reaches zero, even his there will be a dramatic cut scene.

Make it like hollywood, i tell you.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

André OK;98560 said:
I like the idea of long lasting boss-battles. One time when i played Star Wars: Jedi Knight II multiplayer, i had a breathtaking duel against another player. We started in a small room, but the battle did not end in that room. We fenced and i pushed him through a long corridor into a big hall where the fight went on for a few minutes before he killed me. It was breathtaking because it was not slice-block-slice-dead. I had to run and be aware of where i went. That was truly exiting.

One idea could f.ex. be a battle against a human or humanoid, and not a monster. I would have to fence. Mabye start somewhere, and he will run away from me, but i have to follow to kill him. Pherhaps he will try to cross a bridge og something smaller, but i'm stopping him, and we would have to fence on that bridge trying to keep balance as well as defend myself. Kicking is a good feature. The Havoc physics engine will make it possible to make an effect depending on where the kick, or punch hits.

The battle will continue in many stages until the final blow. Somehow this boss will be killed, or wiped out by you. There should not be only one way to do the final blow, but several. All from cutting off his head, or stab his heart, shot him, throwing something big at him or even kicking him off a cliff or something.

When you finally make that blow, it will make you fell much better about yourself than if you do the same thing on a foe 8 times until his healthbar reaches zero, even his there will be a dramatic cut scene.

Make it like hollywood, i tell you.

Those are the main points that i agree with, the fights should have been longer and had that more breathtaking and exciting feeling of a proper duel and that feeling of achievement and sense of accomplishment at the end of a tough fight when you land the killer blow. I also like the idea of different final blows to kill off each character and that alone would up the replay value. +rep for some well thought out ideas and welcome to the forums.

Please introduce yourself here if you wish: Introductions

A

André OK

And some boss ideas are:
-A huge, dumb monster, where cunning tactics are the bullseye
-Shooting someone flying in the sky while you sit on the back of a giant dragon, gryphon, or giant bird
-(Idea from Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The watertemple and "Shadow-Link") A foe who is completely equal to you, like a "shadow-you". Kill your dark inner self. He Knows your every move, because he is your own ego.
-No weapon - boss. Use the enviroment, and your bare hands.
-Cannon-ship battle
-A boss that is not one creature, but hordes of small, weak creatures where you have to use lots of AoE.
-A castle siege. On this quest you will have lots of soliders on your side, and you will attack a castle or fortress.
-A giant tree. Dont be afrid to waste your fire.

D

Darg

I have many, many, many ideas for bosses, though I can offer only a few (most of them may have been said previously anyway...). The possibility of maybe (despite the whole medieval era slipping away) a boss battle that pits you against a foe in a jousting-style fight. You know, you get a horse an your opponent gets one, choose your weapon type of thing, ride at eachother like a pair of crazies, and finally see what happens if you can pick yourself up off the floor. Or, for added fun, keep an old-time pistol tucked away in your belt just in case things take a turn for the worse... apparently cheating could warrant +evil points. Hey, it's just an idea!

A

André OK

Darg;98569 said:
I have many, many, many ideas for bosses, though I can offer only a few (most of them may have been said previously anyway...). The possibility of maybe (despite the whole medieval era slipping away) a boss battle that pits you against a foe in a jousting-style fight. You know, you get a horse an your opponent gets one, choose your weapon type of thing, ride at eachother like a pair of crazies, and finally see what happens if you can pick yourself up off the floor. Or, for added fun, keep an old-time pistol tucked away in your belt just in case things take a turn for the worse... apparently cheating could warrant +evil points. Hey, it's just an idea!

And a good idea too. Good old medival horse-duel. I like the idea to fight someone while you are riding/flying. And the ability to cheat is a good idea. Pherhaps it should be more to it that good/evil. Mabye you can be knowns as cunning, caring, defending, slaying, sophisticated, barbaric, sinister, offensive, defensive, fast, slow, huge, or small. all dependent on how you fight and interact. That makes you not just pure evil by cheating, but cunning.:ninja:

B

blu phoenix

Darg;98569 said:

Jousting would be awesome and a way to show some good history!
This might seem a bit over the top, but maybe if you beat a foe and they have some sort of dragon, or if you just come across one on your travels and you befriend it, then maybe there could be a duel with you on your dragon, against your opponent and their dragon.:p