• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Briar Rose vs Whisper

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
I have done a thread like this before in the past like the "Thunder vs Maze" thread. So I decided to do another one, but this time the female heroes. I personally think that both are equally annoying. It's a bit funny because they are on the opposite extremes of being annoying. Briar is annoying because she see's you as a tiny apprentice that is far from her skill while Whisper is annoying because she constantly tries to beat you even though she loses every time (unless you failed the hobbe killing contest). Both do realize though that what they thought of you was completely wrong. When you spare Whisper from the arena she realizes that she was really harsh towards you. Also as you become more powerful Briar starts to acknowledge that you can exceed her skill. Both are epic in their own way. If they were to fight I would have to say Briar would win. But then there could have been a different scenario where Whisper could've gone back from that random place she went to when you spared her as a more skilled hero, perhaps more powerful than Briar. What do you think?

Anvos

Reaction score
In the game we had it isn't much of a contest for Briar as she is one of the legendary heroes of her age, while Whisper is only really a failed rival of the Hero of Oakvale.

If you go to if she didn't have to grow up under the shadow of the Hero of Oakvale or the rumors if you spare her that she becomes a great hero in her homeland its harder to tell, as we don't know that much about her. Though for the most part it seems like its likely a battle of a Will, Skill Hero vs a Will, Strength Hero.

Overall I actually found Briar easier to deal with as once you learn her backstory its easy to understand why she's as antisocial as she is.

Field_Mouse

Reaction score
I want whisper to win in a fight because when you first meet briar she is so annoying although I dont know which one WOULD win

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
I want whisper to win in a fight because when you first meet briar she is so annoying although I dont know which one WOULD win

I can tell your new. I'm MazeisMaze but friends call me Maze. Biar has a huge advantage given her experience but there could be that scenario where Whisper could have gotten more experience. As Anvos said, its a battle between Skill and Strength, both having will.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I personally feel that Whisper wouldn't have become the Great Warrior of her homeland had she not grown up, trained and fought with the Hero of Oakvale. Let's say the Hero of Oakvale didn't exist, or existed in a different place or time. Whisper would only have people half her skill to train with, which wouldn't make her a better warrior. She doesn't seem strong ONLY because the Hero of Oakvale was there. Briar Rose, however, never had to contend with someone like the Hero until after her prime. When Whisper says she believes she can win a fight with the Hero, Briar stands back in awe after you have defeated Jack (though we didn't get to see Whisper react to the Hero defeating Jack.)

If you want to talk about actual ability, Briar Rose has better will powers, while Whisper is more agile and better in strength. Whisper also utilizes bombs. Briar is still a very formidable will user. Both are very scary women to fight, should you not belong to William Black's bloodline.

Still, I say Whisper should be able to put Briar Rose down. Not hands down. Just... down.