• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Buying and renting shops

R

Reaper

Buying and renting shops

If you kill a shop owner and buy the shop... Why can't you sell items to people like a normal shop owner? Also, when you rent it out... why doesn't that person sell items?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Buying and renting shops

*Thread Moved To Fable Discussion

I always wondered this as having a job in Fable would have been a good idea and nice side earner instead of just getting rent from places you own. Overall you make a good point and welcome to the forums ^_^

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I hated the fact that once you bought a shop you couldn't use it and had to rent it out to a village idiot in order to gain from it at all. You should at least be able to get a share of the profits and a staff discount...

R

Reaper

I was just asking because I was trying to marry two women in Oakvale and I only bought one house. I gave the second girl a ring and she wouldn't marry me until I got a house. What... You can't live with my other wife? Anyway... I told a husband and a wife to follow me out of town and I killed them. His house was up for sale and it turns out, he was the weapons shop owner too. So I bouth both places. Lol.
Also, after I bought the house... the second women still wouldn't marry me... said something about wanting a house... I just killed to people to get you a house!!!!
Any ideas on that?

Eclipse

The Legend
Reaction score

this hapenned to me to i dont think u can have 2 wives in the same town ... or maby its just a glitch hmmmmmm.....

R

Reaper

If I can't have two wives in one town... How can I have sex with ten women and open that Demon Door behind the Bordello in TLC?

Kill them?..... heeeyyyyyyyy.....

V

Vegeta

You can only have 1 wife per town.

Reaper;62731 said:
If I can't have two wives in one town... How can I have sex with ten women and open that Demon Door behind the Bordello in TLC?

Kill them?..... heeeyyyyyyyy.....

No just do the people in the bordello

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

...I don't think it has to be ten different people. I believe I managed to open it with only one wife (...And the Bordello. Natch.)

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

It's easy to have more than one wife per town just not at the same time. A really fast way to get your renown up is get married +1000 kill wife +20? get married +1000 kill wife +20? repeat.

A fun thing to do with the houses is buy everything and NOT rent them out. Any house that is rented means one less person. If you own it all and rent nothing the town will be deserted except for the guards and maybe a merc

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Well there IS a way to have 2 marital homes in one town...:ninja:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Angel;62603 said:
I hated the fact that once you bought a shop you couldn't use it and had to rent it out to a village idiot in order to gain from it at all. You should at least be able to get a share of the profits and a staff discount...

Actually, you do get some sort of discount. Atleast I do - I always kill the guy owning the general shop in Oakvale (everyone knows about the buy all->sell all exploit with that guy's jewelery) to make it even easier.

Oh, and speaking of which: Whenver I rent a shop, the guy reappears and vends goods like normally after a while - but I get a discount and get to collect rent! :devil:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

It's not just a case of not being able to have more than one wife in a town - although I have managed it through a glitch once - it's because there is only one marital home per town and therefore the other properties don't count. Besides, who'd want to be nagged ten times over in EVERY town you visit? Women are expensive things...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

The wives in game all adore my Halo:angel:

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

I dont think they adore my brickstone feet and hands tho..

D

Darg

On my game, I can't even buy things from the shopkeepers I rent to half the time. I don't know if it's just my game or something, but that's how it goes.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

i think if u have 1 of the weapon/armor u cant buy anymore but u can find more..

D

Darg

No, I mean that I can't even talk to them, and sometimes the door is shut and there's no one in there, plus I don't get any rent, even if I'm renting it out... I think this happens in the Oakvale weapons shop. What's up with that?

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Its anotha glitch.. fable has to many glitches :wacko: