• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Buying DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSVR85

Reaction score
So i've got the Understone DLC download confirmation box on my screen. I almost pressed A but remembered to remember to ask you guys if another local profile (the missus) can also play it. I bought the dye pack, dog suit etc. but none of these items have appeared in her sanctuary yet.
(Though whilst we were playing 6 prezzie notifications came up but never appeared in TS)

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
I'm not really sure, before you buy it have her, or you go on her profile and check once more for the gifts. Or buy it it's only 10$

shane states

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing as me and my 6 year old son both enjoy playing Fable 3... I downloaded it to my gamer profile and was playing the Shooting Range last night and he was watching me and thought it would be fun. so i was like damn gotta pay another 400 points... Well this morning he logged into his profile and next thing I know hes in Reavers house doing the Wheel of Misfortune mission which is part of the DLC. so unlike the redemption codes for Fable 3 the DLC is in the XBOX and when you load up Fable 3 you should be able to play it with any of your profiles

Vyan

Reaction score
Quick question.

Did anyone else find a Chef's Hat in the chest under The Sandgoose Museum? Just wondering if it's a completely random find or very much intentional considering how crazy it got to get one of them.

shane states

Reaction score
i havent been there yet so im not sure, but this game is pretty much random so you may be lucky

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
Quick question.

Did anyone else find a Chef's Hat in the chest under The Sandgoose Museum? Just wondering if it's a completely random find or very much intentional considering how crazy it got to get one of them.
Yeah, I did. Is Long Hair also for sale at your Understone stylist?

Apollo

Leonardo XII
Reaction score
It may be intentional, as I got the Chef's hat as well when I went there. Yeah the Long Hair style is for sale in Understone market.

shane states

Reaction score
WELL SWEET MAYBE WHEN I GET TODAY I WILL HAVE ME ONE AS WELL

RSVR85

Reaction score
Well i went ahead and bought it anyway. I'll fire up her profuile and see if the quests have been added.........
EDIT: She doesn't have the quests. She hasn't finished Weight of the World yet either, will that matter?
Do we have to pay another 400MSP so she can play too? If so, that's a bit of a **** take =[

Apollo

Leonardo XII
Reaction score
Well i went ahead and bought it anyway. I'll fire up her profuile and see if the quests have been added.........
EDIT: She doesn't have the quests. She hasn't finished Weight of the World yet either, will that matter?
Do we have to pay another 400MSP so she can play too? If so, that's a bit of a **** take =[
There is a glitch going on with Lionhead's DLC that does not allow DLC to be used on another profile(Except the one that purchased it).

RSVR85

Reaction score
WOW, another glitch?! Well i certianly didn't expect it to be that. They have some serious issues man.
Will a fix be included with the update coming up?

shane states

Reaction score
There is a glitch going on with Lionhead's DLC that does not allow DLC to be used on another profile(Except the one that purchased it).

i have it on my gamer profile and it is also on my sons gamer profile.... so idk

RSVR85

Reaction score
A glitch would make sense actually. As i said when we were playing, 6 prezzie notifications came up, when she went into TS a few minutes later there were none there to be opened. I've bought the hair packs, dye pack, industrial suit, dog suit & understone. None of which has appeared in her game. Not impressed..

Tiny5th

Reaction score
I believe that is how it works, every DLC I have ever downloaded has also been available to my son on his profile, and he gets all of the limited content too, such as the absolver, channeler, and inquisitor, and the preorder content I have got for other games too.

My fiancée's account curiously has the preorder content but she has not yet received the dyes pack of the free weapons pack, thought hat could be because she started the character off playing coop with me.

RSVR85

Reaction score
She's also able to play every other DLC i have downloaded (Full games / add-ons etc.) but oddly none in Fable 3. I can understand the character customisations being limited but not the add-ons.
She also got the free weapons (which was a code from the retail copy).

shane states

Reaction score
I am not sure if my son has the dye pack or the weapons.. He usualy sticks with what hes got on him but I know he has the DLC so idk man maybe its a glitch with ur game

RSVR85

Reaction score
Sounds like it. We'll see if the patch sots it out, though I doubt it.

shane states

Reaction score
HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED THE PATCH?
I downloaded it before I got into the marketplace and did the DLC maybe that is whats wrong? IDK just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.