• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

C&C 4

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
C&C 4

The ending make me want to punch a wall... WHY EA WHY?!?! *Cries* you destroyed something once so beautiful and turned into A "SyFy original" I have to play Tiberian Sun now just to be happy. Joe Kucan is the only thing good about the thing :(

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Re: C&C 4

I`ve heard nothing but bad about C&C 4. I`ve never been a big Kane fan and I honestly don`t get all the fuzz around him, but I still love all the games and its sad EA crapped all over the fans, especially after the brilliant Tiberium Wars.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^And it really wasn't an ending, more like a cliffhanger for a movie sequel to never be made. It was better off if Westwood made their third and final Tiberium game :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Firis;379633 said:
^And it really wasn't an ending, more like a cliffhanger for a movie sequel to never be made. It was better off if Westwood made their third and final Tiberium game :(

Shame EA dissolved Westwood Studios and shut them down, never forgave them for that and C&C was never the same again. Slightly redeemed themselves with some decent offerings over the years and their quality has been getting better and Activison started taking over the bad ideas EA used to have and their bad practice it seems.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

But do you at least agree that C&C 3 was a good game, even if not as good as the oldies.
(as I`ve never played the old ones much, I can`t say; but C&C 3 is definately one of my favorite games)

A guy from another forum said:
I decided to purchase C&C4 because I like to play games before passing my own judgement -- unless of course it really does look like a pile of ****. And after a few crappy hours of playing it I can tell you what you probably already knew, it sucks arse -- simply in more detail.

C&C4 had some interesting ideas that seemed to be based upon the RPG/RTS style that Dawn of War II brought to us; and to quite good effect might I add. Let's go through it shall we.

NO BASE BUILDING
This is most definitely not C&C style at all, but it doesn't mean to say that it will not be an enjoyable RTS, because DoWII was good, right? No. EA's attempt of using "Class" MCVs without base building couldn't be more epic of a fail.

You're given the choice of three MCVs; The Offensive, the Defensive and the Support classes. Each has their own functions which create a unique style of play.

However.

Each MCV is only capable of building one type of unit; either Ground, Air or Infantry. This means to build a more "complete" army, you have to swap MCVs as you go along. If units are destroyed by enemy attacks while you're forming the army; you'll have to swap back to the required MCV to rebuild any lost units.

Verdict: Just build Buggies.

POPULATION CAP
Population caps are not normally that bad, both Battle for Middle-Earth and Dawn of War made them work quite sucessfully; but this is mostly due to squads rather than individual units.

EA decided to stick to individual units, with each unit taking from 3 to 9 off your population cap, which is around 50 to start with in the Campaign. (No idea if it goes higher because I've given up at this stage) The result of this is the production of very small armies. So small they'll remind you of IC3's penis -- only the army is slightly bigger.

MULTIPLAYER
The Multiplayer mode isn't your normal, fully customisable type deal. You have one game mode, Domination. (A game type which requires a team to reach 2500 points to win. Points are gathered via Nodes which can be controlled during the game) and you are forced to play with other people, since AI cannot occupy additional slots other than 1v1.

The AI is also restricted to the use of one MCV class; making it very repetative.

OVERALL
All in all, C&C4 adopts a very slow progressing tech upgrade line which makes it extremely boring as you're stuck with the same, non-upgraded bollocks until the end of time. It lacks the RPG factor where units gain XP and can be uniquely upgraded, meaning that it's still just drones. There are no "hero" units and the battles are decided by "Counterattacking"; where units do damage/take damage based upon whether or not the opposing unit is their counter, or vice versa.

Verdict: NEED MOAR BUGGIES!

---

Overall verdict: Buy Dawn of War II.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^I will agree C&C was fun and is one of my favorites, but Tiberian Sun and Red Alerts 1 and 2 have 3 and four of both series beat.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I watched the Tiberian Twilight ending on YouTube because I have no really interest in purchasing the actual game. I won't pretend that I understood just what the hell was going on but I assumed that had I actually played the game then I would have had a better grasp of the ending. According to upset fans on the official EA C&C forums, there aren't all that many people who fully understood or appreciated the climax to the Tiberian series.

I'm more of a Red Alert chap anyways.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I was too until C&C 3. Haven`t played Red Alert 3 yet, but I`ve heard it wasn`t the best either.
Plus I liked Generals, even though it was a completely different game.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Here we go: (With expansions)
Command and Conquer 7/10
Red Alert 6/10
Tiberian Sun 10/10
Red Alert 2 10/10
Renegade 7/10
Generals 6/10
Tiberium Wars 7/10
Tiberium Twilight 3/10
Red Alert 3 4/10

For the record I didn't play Twilight on my PC, it isn't nearly good enough, me and my friend had an all night game-athon switching out missions on the whole Tiberium Saga... E.P.I.C.