• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can I reinstate laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenji Oerba

Reaction score
I wanna know if laws I've all ready made decisions on can be reinstated.

[SPOILERISH]
When I was prompted to choose a law about the alcohol limits, I thought I'd take a relaxed approach to it and remove the limits. As soon as I got outside however, EVERYONE was drunk and spewing all over the place, and I instantly regretted it.And, I kind of saved the game after I abolished the alcohol limits....

So, what I was wandering is if there is anyway I can go back to the subject and throw up an alcohol limit again.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Sorry,but you cant. In fact, once your done with making all the decisions, theres nothing else to do. Like every other Fable game.

Kenji Oerba

Reaction score
Sorry,but you cant. In fact, once your done with making all the decisions, theres nothing else to do. Like every other Fable game.

God.... damn it! It's soo annoying when everyone is struggling to walk and spewing everywhere, I can barely interact with anyone properly they're all too drunk. What kind of King can't decide his own laws whenever he wants? Dx
....Or Queen, if you chose not to have a penis I suppose.

Faedil

Reaction score
its the concept of fable that every choice has a consequence....for better or worse. all my villagers are drunk too, but i mostly ignore the villagers anyway.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
As it is know, judgments are permanent. This also means that you should do the Chicken Coronation achievement as soon as possible. In other words, dress up as a chicken as soon as you become king until you get the the achievement. :p

About the constant throwing up you don't have to worry so much because it is only temporary. The limit is lifted and people get excited and drink a lot. Then they stop. lol

Kenji Oerba

Reaction score
its the concept of fable that every choice has a consequence....for better or worse. all my villagers are drunk too, but i mostly ignore the villagers anyway.
Yeah I understand Fable's concept of choice and consequence.... which is mainly what had me most worried. I should've gone with my first instinct of keeping the limits. -_-

Kenji Oerba

Reaction score
As it is know, judgments are permanent. This also means that you should do the Chicken Coronation achievement as soon as possible. In other words, dress up as a chicken as soon as you become king until you get the the achievement. :p

About the constant throwing up you don't have to worry so much because it is only temporary. The limit is lifted and people get excited and drink a lot. Then they stop. lol

Wait, so you mean eventually they won't ALWAYS be drunk? This is just kind of a "The limits off, let's take advantage!" moment? And then they calm down more?

Faedil

Reaction score
Wait, so you mean eventually they won't ALWAYS be drunk? This is just kind of a "The limits off, let's take advantage!" moment? And then they calm down more?

that seems to be the case. kind of like how eventually the villagers respawn even if they all die in the final battle, or the bodies of the dead get cleaned up, it just takes time

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Yes. At least that's how it seems to me (it is not completely rare to see a villager throw up--usually on my shoes nonetheless--but it's not everyone, everywhere, constantly anymore) plus I've heard several other people say that it's the same.

Kenji Oerba

Reaction score
that seems to be the case. kind of like how eventually the villagers respawn even if they all die in the final battle, or the bodies of the dead get cleaned up, it just takes time

Faedil, and Rukishou, thank you SO much for reassuring me on that. I thought I was doomed to persist in an alcoholic Albion.
Suppose I'll just have to wait for 'em to calm down then. ^_^

One more thing, I have a question un-related to this topic, I'm just curious, does your income still build up while you're offline like it did on Fable II? (Like, from shops you own, or rented houses etc.)

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Faedil, and Rukishou, thank you SO much for reassuring me on that. I thought I was doomed to persist in an alcoholic Albion.
Suppose I'll just have to wait for 'em to calm down then. ^_^

One more thing, I have a question un-related to this topic, I'm just curious, does your income still build up while you're offline like it did on Fable II?
No, it does not. You have to be playing, online or offline, to get your income every five minutes. Personally I think this is a good thing.

Kenji Oerba

Reaction score
No, it does not. You have to be playing, online or offline, to get your income every five minutes. Personally I think this is a good thing.

Fair enough. Fable II was a bit **** easy to make money hehe. Well thanks again. =)

Faedil

Reaction score
i read a big thing regarding the money generating only while playing the game. because money plays a bigger role in choices this time around, Lionhead wanted to make money more "real" so that the choices regarding money would be more difficult. you can always load your game, enter your sanctuary, and leave the game on while you are away. i do that while im eating/taking quick breaks, lol. i just turn the tv off so an image of fable doesnt get burned into my tv screen. also, the partnership feature in co-op mode made it necessary to balance the economy by only generating money while playing. money has to have value or the hard choices dont mean anything :)

Dorlarin

Reaction score
Removing alcohol laws + imminent doom approaching = bad idea :cool:

Snickerpinx

Reaction score
My villagers are lurching zombie like drunks. Even in towns with no pubs. I'm resigned to it, but not happy about it

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
I wish I could reinstate that law, then we party like it's 1923!

shane states

Reaction score

well the only problem with the bodies respawning is if for instance someone who runs a shop is killed in the battle. that shop will be unavailable for some time if ever again... i beat the game and it killed like 1 million people and i have to ravel to brightwall village to buy furniture causer it is the only place that has a shopkeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.