• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can not get first Knothole quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holedigger

Reaction score
Can not get first Knothole quest.

The guy at the dock gave me the knothole items and took me to the inland but i never actually received the Big Freeze quest. Now I can't get it. I have tried everything. Has anyone else experienced this before?

pkreniles

Reaction score
Re: Can not get first Knothole quest.

no but mabey you could go out of the island via the map and then save and quit then go in to hardrive and delete that expantion pack then download it agian plz tell me if it works this is just a thought and i have no clue about this problem but i thought if anything works this might be it :)

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

There are many things that could have caused the problem.

• Did you save upon visiting Knothole Island?
    If you saved the game, you could have also caused a game glitch which will block you from the progress of the Knothole Island DLC quests, check the question after this one.

• Have you tried to reach Knothole Island with a new character (hero)?
    Sometimes, you might not be capable to reach Knothole Island with your own hero. Please, try to to create a new hero and to reach Knothole Island, when the problem persists then it means that Knothole Island's DLC files are corrupt. Otherwise this means that your former hero's save-game is either bugged or corrupted.

• Do you use a wireless connection to connect to Xbox Live?
    If you are using a wireless connection then you could have some data-loss during the transfer of the game files from Xbox Live. You could try to use a wired connection while downloading anything from Xbox Live. Check anything else you download from Xbox Live Marketplace works correctly too.

• Do other things that exist within your Xbox 360 Hard Drive or External Storage have problems too?
    When you use a wired connection and you are sure that the connection is stable, however that the game files within your Xbox 360 or External Storage are always not working properly or you experience glitches, I would recommend to try and store the Knothole Island DLC into a different storage, so you can assure that your Xbox 360 Hard Drive or External Storage isn't broken.

PS: You should definitely try to re-download the Knothole Island DLC.

pkreniles

Reaction score

i alrdy put re download it lol

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

If I recall correctly each Knothole quest opens up after a specific point within the main story is reached.

I've been away from the game for a while, but I don't think it immediately is available. There's a high chance I'm wrong though. Just try to make sure this hero has completed a small portion of the story and see if it's available. It's a minor issue and a minor fix, and really the only thing I haven't seen mentioned here. Hopefully something on here helps you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.