• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

cannot continue quest

B

Brudda_rigz

cannot continue quest

Hey guys, my game seems to be acting up and i was wondering if anyone has a solution.

while doing the quest "Gateway to Hook Coast," after your mother is captured, there is a book left behind that ur supposed to pick up. after picking it up, the game is immediatly supposed to give you the "quest completed" screen. problem is, once i pick up the book, nothing happens, the quest log just tells me to pick up the book, but its no longer there, and i cant find it in my invotory. so now, i cant continue the main storyline
icon_sad.gif
any ideas on how to fix this? maybe a mod or sumthing that fools my game into thinking the quest is complete?

Ive tried completly reinstalling fable and nothing seems to be working.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: cannot continue quest

I'm no modder but maybe you could spawn the book into your inventory or something?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

..did you pick up the right book? :p

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

How many books can you actually pick up in the game? It's been a loooong time since I played our sacred game (I know, shame shame) but I don't recall the being able to pick up books (excluding the odd quest book)

Anyway, he did say he picked up the book, but it just didn't show in his inventory. Wait... Seph's a modder:O!! Is there a way for him to spawn the book in his inventory and get on with his quest?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Most likely. Just a matter of finding out which book it is. (OBJECT_MAZE_JOURNAL) apparently. I could be wrong.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I'm guessing you're talking about Arban’s Thaumaturgica That you should have found on a table in Maze's room.I suggest that you go back and double check the table. If not maybe go to hook coast and see if you can get past the barrier.

Alternatively I would go back to an earlier save and see if picking up the book again triggers the end of quest.

If you do need to spawn the book then put the chest in Maze's room where the End of quest is supposed to happen.

B

Brudda_rigz

can u please tell me how to spawn it directly into my invetory

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

check your other post on this

Assasin15

Reaction score

eeh..

I think you just don't do it right..

After you pick up they book, go and talk to the guildmaster. You go there first, and then you go too Hook Coast.