• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

'Cannot read disk'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watson

Reaction score
'Cannot read disk'

I'm not sure if this is in the right section but... I was just playing Fable 2 in me humble bedroom like I have since Tuesday and suddenly my 360 made a couple of strange grunts which I thought wasn't right... So I tried to save but before I got to the menu it went 'your disk is unreadable. It may be scratched or just turn off the xbox 360.'

I have no idea what's happened or why... If it was overheating, surely it would have displayed the two red rings instead? I only got my console about two weeks ago so I don't understand a whole lot about them. Oh and the disk seemed to be perfectly fine, there were a couple of minor scratches but I didn't think that they'd do anything (I have no idea how they got there, the disk has been in the console for the past week...)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: 'Cannot read disk'

My GTA IV crashed a lot of times and had similar problems though nothing has got close to that. Id just save as often as it lets you and carry on as i havent had any real unfixable problems yet.

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

Restart your xbox, if it still wont read, check the disc.

E

EskimoDave

I have the same problem, but with several other games. I'm sure its just the disk drive failing.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

EskimoDave;222795 said:
I have the same problem, but with several other games. I'm sure its just the disk drive failing.

This is not as scary as it sounds. It's quite common with 360's. Usually nothing to worry about.

I

Indypunk

Tyloric;222831 said:
This is not as scary as it sounds. It's quite common with 360's. Usually nothing to worry about.

By "Nothing to worry about" do you mean "You'll only have to send it in for two weeks"? For me, that's something to worry about. o_O

But my 360 jammed into my fable two disk or something, lol. I had the same problem, sort of. I was just restarting the game after screwing my character up (At least, I thought he was screwed up) and so I went to the dashboard. When I pressed "Play" it said "Nope" so I checked the disk. It has one circular scratch going around the disk, and a nice little rigid check mark near the outside. It worked after I cleaned it, but just the fact that it happened makes me uneasy. lol.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

I've gotten disc read errors a few times and it has always jumped right back intro action after a restart.

Also, the keyword here is 'usually'.

Watson

Reaction score

I left it too rest while I was at work and it came out fine... Although I played it for about an hour and the first grunt happened but I could save it in time and turned the box off as soon as it did. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem if it lets me save at first warning.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

My playstation and PS2 gave me the most problems with reading discs, so bad i had to buy 2 of each. My 360 has had the odd disc read error but nothing compared to my older consoles.

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

Usually when this happens it's because either your Disk drive is extremely sensitive and your disk has a crack big enough to set it off or.....

The Disk Drive is Faulty... both are under warranty so you shouldn't have to worry about forking out some hard cash to fix it.....

Or you could just have a faulty disk

Status
Not open for further replies.