• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can't get at the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyhaven

Reaction score
I am in Driftwood. There is a switch that I hit several times until it rested on this one rock on this one ledge by this tree and there is no way to get to it. Is someone going to build a ramp or something later on so I can get to it because it is rather annoying that I can't get to this switch. I suppose it is going to activate some ruins on the cliff above me, but there is no way to get to it and it is requiring me to hit it with my hammer. Screenshot is below.View attachment 141

Reaction score
I had this problem, and you have to wait a couple of game days and go back there should be some planks the villagers put there for you. try that, it worked for me.

Greyhaven

Reaction score
I have waited like a whole game week! Still there is no other quests for this town (which I discovered after the game was over because I didn't know how to get there. The map system is terrible in this game. Doesn't even show your location, which really sucks. I need to get a book from this area and there hasn't been any new quests opened up yet and I am losing patience. LOL

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Make sure you have ALL these quests done:
1. Restoration (You have that done)
2. Pest Control (You have that done)
3. Gift Wood for Driftwood (Check that)
4. An Island Getaway (Check that)

If you do all those quests, Driftwood will be fully established and all the flit switches will be accessible to reach the Golden Key Cullis Gate.

Greyhaven

Reaction score
Restoration is done, pest control is done, giftwood is not showing yet and neither is island getaway.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Supposedly, the quests don't show up until you've acquired more guild seals between quests. Try getting some then check.

Greyhaven

Reaction score
I had over a hundred guild seals. And I cannot obtain more guild seals unless I get quests. Sigh, never mind, taking this game back to gamestop. Never buying Fable games ever again.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Kill monsters. You only need like 3 guild seals for it to activate. Don't be a baby.

CodoDeMono

Reaction score
I had over a hundred guild seals. And I cannot obtain more guild seals unless I get quests. Sigh, never mind, taking this game back to gamestop. Never buying Fable games ever again.

Just go out and kill some stuff for a while, or even talk to people and do fetch quests. It's easy to get seals, try upgrading your favorite weapon and you'll have a bunch of them by the time you're done.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
That flit switch is a pain. It glitched out on my first playthrough and got stuck in that same place in the screenshot so I could see it but couldn't hit it. It had nothing to do with guild seals or quests - it just bugged on me.

I found on another profile it worked perfectly - no idea why, it just did. You might have to do it that way instead if other suggestions previously posted don't work.

Greyhaven

Reaction score
How do you upgrade your weapons? And I have nearly a hundred guild seals. Fetch quests only give you 1 guild seal and sometimes even those quests are broken. I had to return something to someone in town and it was the only quest activated, so I followed the glitchy glowing trail and it sent me to the library then the trail showed that I needed to backtrack, so I left the library, then it showed it going back into the library, so I just canceled that quest and did another one. The update that just came out was not a fix, it was just a 5 mb download adding a few items to appease those of us who are frustrated enough to get rid of this game. I read in this forum that a major fix is coming and I am still wondering where it is. They came out with a DLC already, but where is the patch? This is completely ridiculous. I have bought three straight games that were broken. First NHL 11, which they finally fixed but is still pretty cruddy. Fallout New Headache... er Vegas which STILL has not been fixed. I am actually on a mission now that is completely broken, not to mention its constant freezing issues. And Fable 3 which also is broken . I feel like the developers of all these games have all taken a holiday. Kinda makes me want to sell my Xbunk 180 and all my broken games and just quit buying them. Or at least renting them on gamefly or Redbox and seeing if they are worth buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.