• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Castle Fairfax Question

Did you do it (see question - spoiler reasons)?

• I play as a male and I did.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score
Castle Fairfax Question

This question concerns a choice you made after buying Castle Fairfax so it contains a spoiler.

When you bought Castle Fairfax and got to the bit just before the end where you encounter the potion that changes your sex, did you drink the potion or just ignore it? I personally ignored it; had I have wanted to be female, I would have started with one. But heck, that's my opinion; one of you may have wanted a sex change.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: Castle Fairfax Question

my first time I was playing as a male and I didnt use it. my first thought was "I now have an oportunity to change my sex? I had that same choice at the begining of the game. pass."

Iv never used it, if I did I would have to start an entirly new game with the intention of using it at the end. otherwise Id never use it.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

The poll question sounds a bit wrong xD "Did you do IT?!?!?!?!"

I would never change my sex.

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

I've done it twice, but HAVEN'T done it four times.

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

I know that the poll question does look strange but that's to avoid people having the game spoiled for them.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

no, i read sh!t, and listin... there was text telling you what would happen AND a voice plus the bottle is shaped in an... odd way so.....

S

sleepypguinsk8r

Well I haven't done it
but my question is how do you trade this thing???

B

bumblsquat

crap - guess i shouldn't have clicked until reading! oh well, as it happens I didn't - out of interest if you use it, do you still get the trophy?

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

sleepypguinsk8r;298781 said:
Well I haven't done it
but my question is how do you trade this thing???

I dont know how you can trade it without it evaperating

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

I was female changed to male on my 3rd account.

On my 1st one, I accidentally changed to female from male.

R

R3kt4l Raid3r

My First time playing as a Male Character, I drank it just to say "Yeah I've done it, nothing special." So.. Other than that I don't drink it.

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

Aions;298762 said:
no, i read sh!t, and listin... there was text telling you what would happen AND a voice plus the bottle is shaped in an... odd way so.....

I'm sorry but I fail to see what this has to do with the fact that I haven't posted spoilers which wern't hidden.

Thankyou everyone so far for your posts and votes. I noticed that precious few people play female. Why? Is Fable 2 a game that males generally like to play the most or do females like playing males more often than the other way around or is it mainly the males who go on forums to post and vote about it in the first place? Just interested.

Varlin

The Usurper
Reaction score

I think he was saying he didn't drink the potion because of the in-game warnings.

My first play through, I drank it, and then regretted it, and then ended up liking my accidental female the best of all of my characters. Go figure. :/

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

Varlin;299952 said:
I think he was saying he didn't drink the potion because of the in-game warnings.

Oh, he was referring to that.

You know, I was looking forward to finding and drinking Castle Fairfax's potion. Since the castle costed a bloody rediclous 1,000,000GP and there was also a loadscreen message talking about a potion so I was especting it to give you powers or something interesting. I was so p!ssed off when I found that it was a sex change potion! I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if I could change my sex whenever I wanted (or at least make it reversable), but if you think about it, you would have to replace all your clothing (unless you want to be a transvestite or remain a transvestite) and your hair just wouldn't suit you until you got it changed. A lot of hassle over something trivial which only makes a true difference to your appearance.

So basically, the sex change potion was Lionhead's way of p!ssing you off. No offense meant to those who did choose to drink the potion - I understand that you may want a change. It's just the way I see it, surely you pick the sex you will always want to be at the beginning of the game?

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

Did not drink it on my Good/Pure male character, did not drink it on my Evil/Pure female character, am going to on my Evil/Corrupt female character, and not sure about the rest..

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

I did it on one of my pure/evil characters, then took away all the physique points and she was pretty hot....None of that Hammer-like stuff....hehe

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

I do it every chance I get, now what was the question! ;):cool:

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;300129 said:
what was the question! ;):cool:

It says so in my first post. it also says that I don't wish to post spoilers (this applied to the top only - we can post them now) explaining why I used the words 'do it?'.

V

Vlad

I played as male, and the only time I ever did it was to see what my character would look like... A big muscley chick with a beard...? I didn't save... But yeah, I wouldn't want to change the sex of my character at all...

Varlin

The Usurper
Reaction score

The only reason I can bear playing as her is because I de-leveled all the physique attributes...she looks like an Amazon otherwise.