• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Co-op errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Fable 3 Co-op is currently glitchy as hell. Lionhead did not think this out fully. Here are a few of the errors you will encounter:

Could not join the game; network error. Please check you network NSAT settings. (This is for a huge variety of players.)

One of the players does not have the DLC another player has. This is, obviously, a fatal design flaw.

Connection timed out; client took to long to respond.

----

Hopefully they will address these problems soon.

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
So odd... did they not predict people playing coop with their game?

Same AS Seppuku

Reaction score
It really annoys me because I feel Fable 3 Is an amazing game, one of the best. There are SO many problems though and like you said co-op they don't want us to play together even when some achievements and in game content/questing REQUIRES you to be with a co-op hero.

SAS

heroicdose

Reaction score
I tried to join someones game and while it was saving and loading into their game it froze my xbox up...

So after I rebooted xbox and went back in game...all my stuff was gone.the inquistor sword tatoo.. all my chests in road to rule were closed although I had the skills still... when I went to sancuary I had tons of gifts including dyes and the inquistor sword and tatoos but they aren't showing up..

Is there someone I can report this too or something I can do to get my stuff back?

Darren Jones

Reaction score
I found a few errors and issues myself.

Here are mine.

When playing co-op the "henchman" cannot accept quests, fast travel, or hold anyones hands. This is especially disappointing when we want to have an orgy and the 1st player must do all the work. Or the fact that we married and had a kid and the 2nd player cannot hold the childs hand, lets say to lead them to the demon door that needs to see a child.

Simple Answer: The 1st player will lead the child. No, that's just too tedious to have the 1st player do everything important. Plus, Fables goal has always been to make the game feel like a real living world. Having those restrictions takes the living feel out of it, and some of the fun.

coco_popsicle

Reaction score
If you are getting the NSAT error that one is easily fixed. You need to forward certain port to open the NSAT and allow the xbox to interact with a wider group. I had the exact problem with Halo: Reach tellin me that I needed to open my NSAT. I forgot what I needed to port though but if you search 'port forwarding xbox' on google it should tell you. Sorry I can't help properly I'm curently using my mobile to type this. :\

kity

Reaction score
We were playing Co-op last night for quite some time and found the following issues:

1. Joining sometimes took 2-3 tries while getting booted out back to start screen on occassion.
2. Occasional lag, not often but when it did happen it would be pretty bad, and just totally random.
3. Switching areas is sometimes very glitchy (have to run back and forth a few times to go through from one area to the next).
4. Business Partnership/Marriage shared income not always showing up (from rents etc) for both.
5. Graphics while working in a co-op game get REALLY messed up.
6. VERY slow loading screens while in co-op (not always but got worse throughout the night) ----- was happening for both so I don't know cause as it was fine earlier in the day.

Not so much "glitches" but things that should be improved somehow.
1. Second player should be able to hold hands with Villagers and children.
2. Should be able to accept/do quests if not previously done (while not a deal breaker it would be nice).

I know there were probably a few other things I was thinking of last night, but I am not recalling them now.

So far have not had an issue with "One of the players does not have the DLC another player has." I pre-ordered and my friend did not so I have things he doesn't, so far have seen nothing with that one.

Hopefully they get to work and make some fixes/changes so the Co-op will run more smoothly soon.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
If you are getting the NSAT error that one is easily fixed. You need to forward certain port to open the NSAT and allow the xbox to interact with a wider group. I had the exact problem with Halo: Reach tellin me that I needed to open my NSAT. I forgot what I needed to port though but if you search 'port forwarding xbox' on google it should tell you. Sorry I can't help properly I'm curently using my mobile to type this. :\

I mean players are receiving this error when they don't have NSAT problems.

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score
Personally, i haven't had any major Co-op errors, and i've pretty much played Fable 3 Co-op all the time.

the only glitchy thing i can think of would have to be the fact that if you join someone before they talk to Sabine for the first time, every loading screen requires the 2nd Player to eject from the game before it loads.

Kronus

Reaction score
I'd like to add that there's a bug where even if both of you go to the zone gate it'll just say "Waiting for other player" and the only way to continue is to kick the person and travel and invite them back, so you can imagine how inconviniently terrible it is.

This game appeared to make a leap in Co-op, and if it had done everything that it said without these bugs, it would have been alot better.

I hope it's fixed...along with Jasper never ever talking when you enter the Sanctuary for some reason.

RSVR85

Reaction score
I've haven't encountered many glitches or bugs playing co-op. Granted, i haven't done much of it but that's not the point.

I have noticed a massive inconsistency with the trail though. Sometimes it will show on my guests screen, other times it will not. It always shows for me when i'm a guest though??
Also, when married or partnered, when large sums of money are being transferred between players, the money counter's text gets all garbled. When this happens, descriptions to all items in the sanctuary (apart from gift descriptions) are no longer visible.
Apart from that and the unneccesarily long load screens, i'm pretty happy.

Orlith Nightfire

Reaction score
Does anyone kow how to fix the "do not have the same DLC content" bug? i have the special edition, my friend has the normal. we both have the free weapons from the market.

Extremely stupid if special edition owners cannot play with normal edition

iloverab

Reaction score
Does anyone kow how to fix the "do not have the same DLC content" bug? i have the special edition, my friend has the normal. we both have the free weapons from the market.

Extremely stupid if special edition owners cannot play with normal edition
if you figure out a solution let me know i'm having the exact same issue

CrunchyCarrotz

Reaction score
Played a bunch of Co-op and I've had it were it conterminously loads and the other players screen is just black

Garnie

Wench of Albion
Reaction score
Im having issues with co-op. When we try to go into a new load screen or through doors, i have to disconnect and re-join. anyone know if lion head are patching this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.