• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Constant, Infuriating freezing/crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr XBob

Reaction score
Played the game since the morning of launch with no real problems other than the "Jasper suddenly got shy" glitch.

But for some reason, now, 50+ hours into the game, it seems to freeze almost anytime the saving icon appears. I'm at the point right now where I can't even fast travel to a location or gift an item to somebody without it crashing. I hoped the patch today would fix it, but it doesnt seem to have done anything - It still crashes, Jasper still doesnt speak, I really don't know whats wrong here.

Last night when it kept crashing, I cleared my cache and re-downloaded the launch-day udpate, and it was fine for a few hours before the crashing started again.

I love Lionhead, I love Fable, I especially adore Fable III - but I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the bugs right now. It's pretty much unplayable to me now unless I'm using my other character (and most of the time even just trying to switch to that other character freezes the game)

David Dutton

Reaction score
One thing F3 does is REALLY push the xbox 360. Especially if you are in 1080 i or p. My game kept feezing and crashing. Then I noticed I heard the 360 fans running at full speed. I made sure to clear out EVERYTHING around the 360 and give it breathing room. That stopped the crashing and the fans run at normal speed.

My xbox is only 3 months old.. it's the black 250gb model.. and I run it in 1080p

However, the game has TOO MANY graphical bells and whistles causes a great deal of frame rate lag and fluctuations. This can be reduced by running the game in 720p and almost eliminated by running it in 480p... but 480p look TERRIBLE. They really need to add graphical options to F3 (like in a PC game)... not detailed options.. but just: low, medium, and high. The lower you go, the less particles you have, less rendering distance, less specular lighting, etc, etc....

Dwinny

Reaction score
Yeah I've been running into it alot. 3x tonight and it's grating on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.