• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Core" Music

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
I'm talking about Metalcore, Post-Hardcore, Deathcore, Grindcore, Nintendocore and all the other core genres. I like it, but some of people are calling me "insane" and a "Satanist" for listening to this. Anyone else here like core music like Attack Attack! or Eskimo Callboy? Just to name some of the more acceptable bands. I can understand these insults for bands like Excrementory Grindf*ckers and Torsof*ck.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Can't say I've ever heard of it. I'm not down with the kids anymore when it comes to music and the closest I get to "hardcore" is Demon Hunter's Storm the Gates of Hell album.

This old lady just pops on her booties, has a cup of tea and listens to Lead Us Home until someone tells her to stop. Except Josh. Josh loves my metal. He's a good boy.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I don't dislike it, but I've yet to make the effort to explore said genres more. So far I've only dipped my finger into some metalcore/nintendocore with bands like KSE and Horse the Band.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
From giving it a brief listen.. Meh. Not my cup of tea.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoy it and is my primary musical outlet.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
HORSE the Band and Killswitch are sooooo br00tal (one of our preferred terms). There's lots of great bands and lots of different styles. That's what i love about it. Some of my faves:
- Of Mice & Men
- Bury Tomorrow
- The Bunny The Bear
- Texas In July
- I, The Breather
- I See Stars

It becomes quite an extensive list.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Metal sucks, the only real music is jazz, etc.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
The closest thing to metal that I'd listen to is Tool, so I'm really not into this stuff. I prefer singing to screaming, and the instrumentals of this kind of hardcore metal just seem to blend together, making songs seem all the same.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The closest thing to metal that I'd listen to is Tool, so I'm really not into this stuff. I prefer singing to screaming, and the instrumentals of this kind of hardcore metal just seem to blend together, making songs seem all the same.
You're probably listening to deathcore or grindcore then, metalcore is becoming almost more like progressive metal, something which Tool pioneered.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
something which Tool pioneered.

:| What?

Dream Theater, Fates Warning, and Queensryche are responsible for that. Tool didn't come until almost a decade later after those guys did all the work.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
:| What?

Dream Theater, Fates Warning, and Queensryche are responsible for that. Tool didn't come until almost a decade later after those guys did all the work.
I done derped, surprising since I love Queensryche and like Dream Theater.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
i like it, although im more into stuff like whitechapel, acacia strain, emmure. as far as core bands go. I am typically more of a heavy metal kinda guy. like pantera, metallica, megadeth,slayer,havok.

And on a side note, as far as metal goes, I am NOT picky, (at least not anymore, I like almost all metal now) and I know, I dont mean to be an ass, but I have to say, eskimo callboy, now that I listen to it, is terrible, its like emmure mixed with justin beiber... ewww, and torsof*ck??? I really dont like grind, so it's better than eskimo callboy, But I cant stand guttural vocals, at least, not for a large portion of the song, I mean I little but of it in a song here or there is fine, but not a whole damn song.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
HORSE the Band and Killswitch are sooooo br00tal (one of our preferred terms). There's lots of great bands and lots of different styles. That's what i love about it. Some of my faves:
- Of Mice & Men
- Bury Tomorrow
- The Bunny The Bear
- Texas In July
- I, The Breather
- I See Stars

It becomes quite an extensive list.

The correct term is brütal.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score