• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Correct me if i'm wrong but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong but....

Iv'e seen so many threads saying Fable III will be set near the civil wars and all other wars blah blah Etc .....

But are you guys not forgetting this is nothing to do with our world .... or any countries in it .. The only reference it makes is to england as the accents and some uniforms are english ... But my point is

This is Earth .....

Fable is ALBION .. There will always be magic in albion and swords and stuff ... How can it be set with all these wars and what not when its a completely different world to ours .....

Thats my view on Albion anyways .... ^_^

Cain

Reaction score
Re: Correct me if i'm wrong but....

your forgetting that albion is also a british town, the culture is a lot like britains, and the era fable 2 was set in was near the time of the civil war so having that in fable 3 makes sense. Albion is britain, coz the UK is where fairy tales and fables came from, so it makes sense to have a magic and swords RPG set in a land based on britain. Nuff said.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

You're also forgetting that Albion is England. Proof of this is a football team called "West Bromwich Albion"

But in all seriousness, if it is set in real life times.. It'll suck.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;338096 said:
You're also forgetting that Albion is England. Proof of this is a football team called "West Bromwich Albion"

Not to mention Albion was the very first name for the land currently known as England.

And just to clarify, when people speak of Fable 3 being in the 'civil war era', it's the English civil war you're talking about, not the American one, right?

GaEv

Reaction score

Necromancer11;338148 said:
Not to mention Albion was the very first name for the land currently known as England.

And just to clarify, when people speak of Fable 3 being in the 'civil war era', it's the English civil war you're talking about, not the American one, right?

Actually I imagine they mean American civil war as English civil war happened long before industrialisation.

P

phillipsk15

ok but either way its not going to be the civil war era as we know it. it may be 1800's in the timline but not the civil war. There will be magic and swords and monsters. its fable.

H

HoshiAkari

Or it may not even relate to our timeline and the Fable timeline might be completely separate and have it's own historic events and wars.
Yah...That's just my opinion though.

GaEv

Reaction score

HoshiAkari;338238 said:
Or it may not even relate to our timeline and the Fable timeline might be completely separate and have it's own historic events and wars.

See this is a misunderstanding of what people like me mean when we say civil war era.

We Do not mean the same people, places and historical events
We Do mean very similar aspects in culture and society ranging from style of dress to architecture.

H

HoshiAkari

GaEv;338243 said:
We Do mean very similar aspects in culture and society ranging from style of dress to architecture.

Even so, architectural design, styles, trends and cultural worldviews are shaped by differentiating events and interactions.

Anyways, I don't want to have first impressions as an arguing biatch, but I just think it would be way more AWSUM if it had it's own original style rather than being similar to the English civil war. ^_^

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Yeah you have a point there, maybe theres a cultral line or something that im saying that lionhead is racist but they should include voices that arent English :l

I mean seriously, it gets quite boring with people talking the same all the time.

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score

Sorry Vero, but I have to disagree with you on that one. I LOVE the accents. No doubt it is because I get weak in the knees from any non-American accent. Now if they wanted to put some Australians or Irish NPC's I could go for that. Sorry for going off topic...to get back on topic I agree with Joe Cobbold's post.

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

HoshiAkari;338238 said:

This is exactly my point ......

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

It is possible but unlikely they could twist the timeline a bit for instance they might make out that new characters have came from the realm.
But they are going to make it about your son/daughter that you'll never have.

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

All i'm saying is did we have an old kingdom with a heroes guild, magic, cullis gates and, monsters ...... Nope .... o_O

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Joe Cobbold;338287 said:
All i'm saying is did we have an old kingdom with a heroes guild, magic, cullis gates and, monsters ...... Nope .... o_O

I agree, I think Fable will continue to be a Fable, I hope.:'(

GaEv

Reaction score

Joe Cobbold;338287 said:

And neither is anyone else. We are just using the civil war era as an example to say what you might see in the culture and the clothes, etc without having to describe them in great detail.

We are basically saying "if you wanted something from our history to compare how Fable 3 would look you can see similalrities between the time period of Fable 3 and such and such an era"

That is a far cry from saying it is "set in that era" as if they were exactly the same tine and place.

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

hmmm... well I do think that Fable is its own world not comparable to ours, but the technology and the stages of advancement are similar. I at first was unsure about Fable having guns, but guns were skillfully integrated into the Fable plot. I however draw the line at early gun designs. So for Fable 3 I'm not concerned. Should there be a Fable 4 and so on, I would be interested to see the technology in those games.

H

HoshiAkari

Peter Molyneux said he wants to make 5 Fables, and maybe more, so we'll have lot's of games to see how he decides to relate and develop everything either into something similar or something completely different/original.

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

They can do what they want as long as it doesn't go silly.

Like future technology
e.g.
Flying robots, laser pistols and crazy bad guy with 8 arms and 10 legs and has a head like this ---> :alien:

And I'd like to see is a good game with an uncray storyline.

X

Xeon

Joe Cobbold;338081 said:
Iv'e seen so many threads saying Fable III will be set near the civil wars and all other wars blah blah Etc .....

But are you guys not forgetting this is nothing to do with our world .... or any countries in it .. The only reference it makes is to england as the accents and some uniforms are english ... But my point is

This is Earth .....

Fable is ALBION .. There will always be magic in albion and swords and stuff ... How can it be set with all these wars and what not when its a completely different world to ours .....

Thats my view on Albion anyways .... ^_^

Fable isn't Albion, Albion is just where the first two games take place. Albion is just a country in the fable world

Status
Not open for further replies.