• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Correct me if i'm wrong but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score
Re: Correct me if i'm wrong but....

Xeon;338512 said:
Fable isn't Albion, Albion is just where the first two games take place. Albion is just a country in the fable world

* Sarcasm Warning * - Wow is it really? OMG I really never knew that .. Dont think anyone else did either .....

Anyway i'm just saying that Fables timeline may be completely different to ours with a different past and different history ....

So Tbh you have gone completely off topic and stated something that a 3 year old could state .... Congratz ;)

GaEv

Reaction score

"stated something that a 3 year old could state "

I would agree with you except

"Anyway i'm just saying that Fables timeline may be completely different to ours with a different past and different history ...."

is just as stupid and just as obvious as what he said. Your post was no better.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Joe Cobbold;338949 said:
I Agree ... ^_^

Suggest you cease with the flaming.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Joe Cobbold;338949 said:
I Agree ... ^_^

Editing posts in an effort to make the above poster look bad? Well aren't you just so funny and clever and original.

In all seriousness, though, if you were to sit down and observe the progression of technology in the Fable universe, you'll notice that it's advanced at pretty much the same rate as the real world. I don't think it would be too far out in left field to assume that, at some point, Fable will be taken into at least the 20th century, perhaps during the Fable-equivalent of the first World War; guns and planes have become dominant, but the reliance on swords and other melee weapons is still there.

That's how I see it, though. For all we know, the next few games will simply take place at other points in the timeline, or in other lands. It's all up to Lionhead, so let's just enjoy the ride.

Cain

Reaction score

Rheckameohs;339169 said:
Editing posts in an effort to make the above poster look bad? Well aren't you just so funny and clever and original.

In all seriousness, though, if you were to sit down and observe the progression of technology in the Fable universe, you'll notice that it's advanced at pretty much the same rate as the real world. I don't think it would be too far out in left field to assume that, at some point, Fable will be taken into at least the 20th century, perhaps during the Fable-equivalent of the first World War; guns and planes have become dominant, but the reliance on swords and other melee weapons is still there.

That's how I see it, though. For all we know, the next few games will simply take place at other points in the timeline, or in other lands. It's all up to Lionhead, so let's just enjoy the ride.

Amen to that. I would like to have a pump action shotgun in fable 4 or 5. Or maybe a sniper rifle! If its set in modern times instead of having a spitball gun as a child you have a nerf gun. Lol I can see bandits with foam darts sticking to there heads.

Wicker

Reaction score

Vero Caerso;338263 said:
Yeah you have a point there, maybe theres a cultral line or something that im saying that lionhead is racist but they should include voices that arent English :l

I mean seriously, it gets quite boring with people talking the same all the time.

Well, the English are BLOODY SICK of listening to your American drawl :p lol

A

Autumn

Oh I'd love it if it were about the British civil war! That would be really neat :p there's a good movie about that war with Mel Gibson, and I've been interested in it ever since.

Not much of an argument, though, if you ask me. I've noticed that Albion is really similar 1300/1600 (or is it 1700?) Britain in Fable 1 and 2.. so why not the 1800's :D

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Well, if you want to pair a rough date with Fable II, it's probably in the 1770s given the level of technology after you kill Lucien. Fable III will probably be in the 1820s.

H

HoshiAkari

I thought was Fable III was going to be 50 years ahead Fable 2, and my first thoughts were of steam engines and the sort, (unless they already had those in Fable 2) but they may just skip to electricity. Who knows. :D

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

1770 + 50 = 1820.

So yeah.

GaEv

Reaction score

Autumn;339328 said:
Oh I'd love it if it were about the British civil war! That would be really neat :p there's a good movie about that war with Mel Gibson, and I've been interested in it ever since.

Not much of an argument, though, if you ask me. I've noticed that Albion is really similar 1300/1600 (or is it 1700?) Britain in Fable 1 and 2.. so why not the 1800's :D

Braveheart was about the first Scottish war for independance. It was not a civil war.

There were English civil wars but they were between King Charles I and the roundhead forces of parliament.

The war you are referring to took place in the early 14th century while the English civil wars took place in the early 17th century.

FableFan4

Reaction score

albion is a VERY old name for england so, you are indeed on earth

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Joe Cobbold;338081 said:
Iv'e seen so many threads saying Fable III will be set near the civil wars and all other wars blah blah Etc .....

But are you guys not forgetting this is nothing to do with our world .... or any countries in it .. The only reference it makes is to england as the accents and some uniforms are english ... But my point is

This is Earth .....

Fable is ALBION .. There will always be magic in albion and swords and stuff ... How can it be set with all these wars and what not when its a completely different world to ours .....

Thats my view on Albion anyways .... ^_^

its more of influences on albion

Dr Doom

Reaction score

i hope not

Wasbored

Reaction score

just go back to the days of the guild ! it was better then...

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

FableFan4;341059 said:
albion is a VERY old name for england so, you are indeed on earth

Albion is an old name for England but doesn't substantiate the claim that Fable takes place on Earth. It's little Easter eggs like this that people, who get it, can smile at. Clearly there were no dragons, hobbish creatures or pixies then or now inhabiting this rock.

Just think of it as a parallel universe with a touch of Blackadder comedy.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

People forget that Albion isn't the whole world, it's just one part of the world.

lop145

Reaction score

LadyOnyaneese;338271 said:
Sorry Vero, but I have to disagree with you on that one. I LOVE the accents. No doubt it is because I get weak in the knees from any non-American accent. Now if they wanted to put some Australians or Irish NPC's I could go for that. Sorry for going off topic...to get back on topic I agree with Joe Cobbold's post.
gargoyle's are irish i think.

lop145

Reaction score

oh yeah and for the timeline thing i think theresa might use the spire to destroy all of albion again. or technology will simply come to a stop i mean everything was invented by someone but if that someone isnt there the thing wont be discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.