• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Counter, Chain and STD

ronm100

Reaction score
Counter, Chain and STD

how can I use chain and counter attacks and what are the benefits of those styles?????

and what happens if your character gets STD???

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Re: Counter, Chain and STD

Chains don't really do much, but they're supposed to increase the damage you do if you time every melee attack *perfectly* and counters are a one hit kill but are hard to land for the most part, but one could become good at landing them (I have yet to achieve this skill).

STD's don't have any place in the game other than a statistic

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

Well actually chains do well against certain people.

Such of these would be Undead, and Bandits.

Simply tap X to attack a second time after the last his is complete. Swing, after it's over with, swing again. It increases speed, and damage than normally spamming X.

Counters work good on Guards mostly, but are hard to accomplish on other enemies. In fact I've only countered Bandits and Guards. When someone attacks, move the left analog into the direction of the enemy and tap X, if both attacks meet, you'll counter him, turn him around, then tap X again to kill him.

STD's have no meaning whatsoever.

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

Yeah, as mentioned on here Counters are pretty much only useful with Guards and Bandits. They're tough to get the hang of but can be useful.

I've never used a chain attack though. Well, I have, but not in actual combat. All you do for those is hit X again at the end of a swing, when your weapon is still raised. I'm pretty sure it works with all melee weapons, but for the Achievement the only way to get one going fast enough is with a Katana, Longsword, or Cutlass.

And yeah, STDs are just there for statistics. If they actually did anything my one character would be long dead seeing as I somehow managed to get over 100 of them, lol. O_O

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

I've tried Chain attacking against some enemies before and it never seemed to work as they would block it all. :(

po1s3n

Banshee killer
Reaction score

chain attacks are effective in the arena because you have just so many enemies in such a confined space, but basically its just that, chaining your attacks together using X at the right time to link them. its easiest done with a slow weapon but most effective with a fast katana or longsword