• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

crime is on the low!

Hammer

Mojorojo
Reaction score
crime is on the low!

Admittedly I shouldn't be posting this on the fable 2 forum, but in Fable 1 anybody notice how (DESPITE IT BEING THE MAJOR CITY! AND A SLUM!) There is no crime whatsoever in Bowerstone, unless you cause it! Now I am excluding the fist fighter gang because they are a load of sissy's, and I absolutely refuse to call them a gang! I liked the Nicky the nickname gang boss idea in Fable 2 , it gives off a vibe that in a bustling city slum (like old town, bowerstone south) there is going to be crime.
The smack talkin' gangster in the bowerstone south tavern is a good idea of minor gang violence in Bowerstone. But I want more, I want it to be a real medieval Mafia! Anybody agree/disagree?

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Re: crime is on the low!

I agree, now I come to think of it you're right!

By the way, this forum is Fable TLC and Fable II, I have no idea why it's called 'Fable 2 Forum'.

However, I wouldn't want it too crime ridden. Maybe more dark alleyways and more muscular dudes that if you talk to say 'Whatchoo lookin' at?' and beat you up after dark. But if it's too crime ridden it wouldn't fit the Bowerstone - style.

goatfeasters

Does anyone have food?
Reaction score

yah, that does sound pretty fun. you could be the head of the mafia or something

Dimitri Chaplain

The Headhunter
Reaction score

Let's not forget that Fable talks about an epoch where organized mafia groups weren't even an idea, also Bowerstone isn't that big that time, so the guards can keep it peaceful enough to even take the weapons from the heroes.

You could always make a Bandit raid in Bowerstone, though this will make the zone like the bandit camp, just with ruined houses and slaves, which sounds compromising to the balance of the zones within the regions on Albion.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

Dimitri Chaplain;374778 said:
Let's not forget that Fable talks about an epoch where organized mafia groups weren't even an idea, also Bowerstone isn't that big that time, so the guards can keep it peaceful enough to even take the weapons from the heroes.

You could always make a Bandit raid in Bowerstone, though this will make the zone like the bandit camp, just with ruined houses and slaves, which sounds compromising to the balance of the zones within the regions on Albion.

I took some bandits into Oakvale once for a bandit raid, which was pretty good. They really smash stuff up like doors and windows and then guard attak them, it's pretty realistic. But if you could get them all the way to Bowerstone seeing as you can't teleport them.

Mattbees

Reaction score

The closest you get to crime is the organized assasins in the slums. Theres probably a gang that dont want to draw to much attention to themselves so they dont to much noticeable stuff. Or maybe they commits crime when your not watching