• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dawnguard Wrap-up

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Just finished the DLC today, took a good 12 hours. (Started playing around 2:30pm -1:30am -slept- then about an hour to finish up the main quest the next morning)
Some of the new areas are pretty amazing and look very epic
New monsters ... not much to day about that
Got Some new armor and weapons out of it (some useful some not so much.)
Main quest line felt short, but like i said; took a sold 10+ hours
Have only started some of the new side quests that have come with it
Changed the look of my character

With out giving away spoilers i found some items that i know must play a bigger part in some quest line, but have no idea what to do with them yet.
From what i played as a Dawnguard the story is pretty intriguing. You meet some very... interesting people ;)

I took the path of the Dawnguard, my buddy who comes over and plays Sklyrim on my 360 will play the vampires quest line.

[UPDATE]
I only found out now that you can make arrows. So that really helps.
The items i mentioned above where not for a quest, but still had slight significance to them.
Learned 3 new shouts. Only one being useful to me.
New horse, shes very... unique
With all that now considered ill bump my score up:

I give it a 8/10.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Everyone in the reviews has been saying the vampire quest is better than the Dawnguard themselves, havent played either yet but I have downloaded it ready.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I so badly want to play but I no haz de moneez :(

I want to go the Vampire route first though - it just looks too awesome to be considered my second choice.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I so badly want to play but I no haz de moneez :(

I want to go the Vampire route first though - it just looks too awesome to be considered my second choice.

I just havent had the time but its sitting there waiting for me to play it, only managed to turn my 360 on to download the Dashboard update and the DLC before I had to turn it off. Still got to get the patch for Skyrim before I can play, now im off work I may try and get into it tomorrow. Vampire is definitely my first choice as it looks badass.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Lucky bastards, live it up.

I'm stuck on the PC side so I have to wait another 30 days before I can get my chance at it.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I've recently finished a course, and apart from reading again (alot of work last few weeks) I really really gota get back into the game, so have to spend some time finishing it, then maybe get the dlc when its out (pc here myself)

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

I'm stuck on the PC side so I have to wait another 30 days before I can get my chance at it.
Totally forgot about that.

I've recently finished a course, and apart from reading again (alot of work last few weeks) I really really gota get back into the game, so have to spend some time finishing it, then maybe get the dlc when its out (pc here myself)
I think you have to be about half way through the main quest for you to even get about half way though this DLC

*SPOILERS*:
You need the elderscroll that you get from the main quest for the DLC. Seeing as you get told where that particular scroll is from that crazy guy, i think you need to be at least that far in the main quest.
*END OF SPOILERS*

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I have no sympathy for you whatsoever, Mr-I've-Had-Awesome-Mods-For-Months-Now-But-Complain-When-I-Can't-Get-The-DLC.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I have no sympathy for you whatsoever, Mr-I've-Had-Awesome-Mods-For-Months-Now-But-Complain-When-I-Can't-Get-The-DLC.
But you don't understand, I need I need, gimme gimme! :(
Some people managed to get the Xbox 360 Dawnguard files and put them on the PC. The DLC was working without any problems. If you want to play it earlier then you can always try that.
Nah, I'll just wait it out.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
But you don't understand, I need I need, gimme gimme! :(

Here, you can borrow my time-machine!

I swear it works... lemme show you...

If it worked, the Germans should have now lost WWII and Wednesday now comes after Tuesday.

So the option's there.

Also, I'm now your mother.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I remember the devs said they added a new barber that can be found in Riften somewhere, I think it was the Thieves Guild's Ragged Flagon.
She is in the Ragged Flagon yes, you can change your looks but your sex and race are locked.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Yes! Yes! f**k yes! I'm so happy now! Cheers for letting me know. :D
Didn't like the way your guy looked? lol how bad could it be? I changed my chick cus i always thought she looked to young, for the longest time it didn't matter cus i had krosis on, now i have a dragon scale helm so i see her face when im smithing 'n stuff.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So, apparently make-overs cost 1000 gold and you can't get one if you're a vampire.

> Introduce someone to change your appearance in the DLC
> Make it so vampires can't utilise it.
> Make the entire DLC vampire related.

D3lON.gif

Herpdederp Bethesda.

Reaction score
Well it's a damn good job I plan on siding with the Dawnguard once I can be bothered getting the DLC.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So, apparently make-overs cost 1000 gold and you can't get one if you're a vampire.

> Introduce someone to change your appearance in the DLC
> Make it so vampires can't utilise it.
> Make the entire DLC vampire related.

D3lON.gif

Herpdederp Bethesda.

Unless you dont pick to be a Vampire of course or cure it afterwards.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well, yeah. But it's still a pretty ridiculous limitation to include.

Yeah that I agree with as its quite obvious most people will opt to be a vampire as its being touted as the more interesting side.