DayZ

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero

Full Status report from 6th Feb can be read HERE

P. Nespesny lead designer of DayZ aalso released a statement & prototype footage of precise object placement update coming to DayZ soon.

"We have recently started working on object placement feature which allows you to precisely visualize where the given object will be placed within the environment and if it’s possible to place it there."

queenofdisco

Ludna
Legendary Hero
I really want to play this, but as of right now I don't have the tech. So I'm just gonna wait until I'm living with the American and take advantage of his tech. Cuz.

So for now that leaves me with State Of Decay instead, which I'm okay with. Played the demo, was pretty good.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
I really want to play this, but as of right now I don't have the tech. So I'm just gonna wait until I'm living with the American and take advantage of his tech. Cuz.

So for now that leaves me with State Of Decay instead, which I'm okay with. Played the demo, was pretty good.
I really liked State of Decay and might consider getting the XB1 version at some point. Microsoft have been working with the Undead Labs team on a multiplayer Zombie survival game for some time now (after multiplayer didnt make it into original State of Decay due to engine limitations). It has the potential to blow both DayZ and H1Z1 away though as both of those are in early access and will be for some time yet and Class 4 as its been codenamed might launch as a full finished game when it comes (little is known about it currently). If this happens it will beat both DayZ and H1Z1 to the full game retail market on all platforms.

I watch streams and videos of DayZ pretty much every day as the game fascinates me and I really like the concept. Soon as my rig is finished I will purchase it myself, even if its buggy, unfinished and going to be in alpha for some time yet as from the videos I have seen I will enjoy it if I can find some friends to play it with.

In the meantime here is SepticFalcons latest update showcase for Update 0.54 on Stable Branch...

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
DayZ ~ Stable Update 0.55 Full Showcase ~ New Infected AI ~ Disease & Much More (still very much work in progress)

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
DayZ ~ Status Report Highlight 08 April 2015 ~ 0.55 Mechanics Explained

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
DayZ ~ Status Report Highlight 22 April 2015 ~ New Engine, Audio & more...

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Been a little while since I posted a status report update video...

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
DayZ ~ Status Report Highlight 23 June 2015 ~ Audio Engine ~ New Skeleton!

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
DayZ ~ Status Report Highlight 29 July 2015 ~ Storage Persistence Explained

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
DayZ Standalone: New vehicles, Survivor Camps, Soft skills & More (RTX 2015 Recap/Upcoming Updates)

Whole RTX 2015 DayZ Presentation (1 hour long)

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
The base building sounds great and could open up a huge amount of possibilities for the future, and love the idea of scars and beard growth to show what you have survived/how long you have survived.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
DayZ PAX Prime 2015 Highlight: Choppers/Planes – Drivable Humvee & More

A highlight of the most interesting information for DayZ at Pax Prime 2015 with Lead Producer Brian Hicks, content creators TehJamJar & xSmak as well as Twitch staff SomaJT

Current Issues
  • Just a small number of zombies spawn in 0.58
  • Some items and functions mentioned in the 0.58 changelog are not enabled
  • Problem with inaudible shots is being resolved
  • Loot will return to exploited camo buildings once the new controller is implemented
  • Excessive weapon sway is a placeholder
  • Fantom sounds should be gone for good
Plans
  • bi-weekly discussions about the state of the game with various community members (different play styles: fighter, survivalist, etc.)
  • monthly bounty/cash prizes for those who find security holes on servers without BattlEye protection
  • Survivor GameZ join the BI’s portfolio and become the official DayZ tournament
  • new damage system prepared for public testing
  • new animation system, e.g. limping or being unable to raise weapon with a broken arm
  • server performance increase with 20–30 FPSbeing the borderline
  • helicopters and planes before beta
  • drivable Humvee
  • shooting from vehicles
  • contaminated areas, making gas masks useful (more info at TwitchCon 2015)
  • no new map is currently developed, but Sumrak, the Namalsk map creator, works for BI as a mod support tester
  • rotten fruit will return
  • VSS sniper rifle will return in 0.59
  • [maybe] updated VOIP codec
  • [maybe] increased number of zombies in 0.60
  • optimization comes after the alpha phase
  • [unclear] you will never put a banana in your holster – NOTE: Brian was having mic issues

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
DayZ ~ Status Report Highlight 15 Sept 2015 ~ Combat Scrum ~ 33 Vehicles & More

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
Only been playing around 25mins but here is my very first DayZ Character so far...

Hard to get your bearings on where you are and what buildings you have already looted at the start but found some ok loot so far but no ammo as of yet.

Found a Mosin but no ammo yet & some better gear but I do have a 9MM pistol with some rounds but no mag so can only chamber 1 bullet at a time.

Dark Drakan

Administrator
Staff member
Guildmaster
Legendary Hero
After I won a copy of the game on a Giveaway on Twitter/Facebook here is the very generous person who sent it to me on Steam. He has a server on the game too if any of you want to check it out ...

MadMcardles Server | Private | 30 Slot | ALL WELCOME | No Whitelist | IP:81.19.216.165:2400

He does regular cash giveaways in game too and has an event planned this weekend.