• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devs - Fable 3 Awesome Game, but ...

Whitelion1284

Reaction score
So I love this game. I've loved the series since the original and have enjoyed the expansion packs, DLC's, and sequels. I just have some requests for future versions (because we know there will be more) and would like to see how many agree with me.

So as I said, Iove the game. I love the immersion. I love the fantasy. I love the humor. I love the artwork. I love playing as a wizard. I love the game. There are just some very consistent issues that appear in game after game that really affect my ability to enjoy it.

First, the guild seal. Not the guild seal that appears in plots but the one that starts flashing on screen every few moments, demanding my attention and pulling me out of whatever I'm doing. Personally I hate being nagged, and being nagged within a video game just seems like the ultimate in irony and depending on the situation can be rather amusing. However, being nagged BY the video game is just obnoxious. In F3 that flashing guild seal or heart shows up every time I enter a new area or apparently whenever I add to my total ... and then stays there ad nauseam.

Second, but along the same lines, is the games need to repeatedly and constantly inform me of what quest I'm currently performing. Honestly. When I stop running it's not because forgot what I'm doing. It's usually because my character is defending his life. As a wizard I often stand still in combat. As a result that banner appears across the top of the screen while I'm in the midst of fire and lightning death and glory ... and to me it's just utterly inappropriate. But even if I'm just enjoying the view (which in F3 is often incredible) I don't need to be reminded of what I'm doing. Really. So one and two are pretty much the same complaint. If I don't need to see it please keep it off the screen, and if I do need to see it please give me the ability to find it easily. A hotkey or rapid access to my misson menu, so that I can take care of multiple objectives in one locale would go a long way toward improving the game in my apparently not so humble opinion.

Thirdly, please, please, please, for the love of God and all that's holy, give the ability to choose my expressions. If I have to rely on expressions to improve someone's disposition there are certain behaviors that I find inappropriate for my style of play. Uhm, to be blunt, as a heterosexual male I find tickling or dancing with a male shopkeeper to haggle prices or improve my relationship with him to be the stuff of nightmares. To be honest there are times when those expressions feel appropriate but there are others when they simply give me the creeps.

Okay! I think that's about it. Thanks for a wonderful game and I look forward to more in the future.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
As much as would love to have some official Lionhead people on the forums, we don't really have any...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
If it helps, we get the occasional Lionhead lurker ;)

I think a lot of people have had similar gripes with the game but it's great to see that you still love the franchise despite it all ;)

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Yeah, Daniel was QA in Lionhead for Fable 3. You can definitely see what the game did to him. I'm so sorry.

Thanks, Dark I.... there goes the secret.... Please! Don't let them take me back!