• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did i permanantly destroy my game?

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score
Did i permanantly destroy my game?

Ok, i have fable tlc for pc and im using windows vista. The problem is that whenever i use lightning on a locked target or a regular target my game crashes, which is probably because i messed around with the game.bin files but i did not make any backups. Do i need to uninstall and get a new game? I need any help you can provide on this subject.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: Did i permanantly destroy my game?

You could uninstall and reinstall. You'll lose your saves but save your money. Possibly save the memory files somewhere and replace the new ones after reinstalling.

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

I've done that like 10 times by itself then with FE and its not changing. Do i need to remove all the path files and stuff? then install everything over? I'm trying to find the .net framework file in my computer to remove it but i cannot find it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Probably try a complete re-install of everything and see if that fixes it.

jwc2200

Reaction score

If I'm not too late, I have a better idea. If you paid for the game, and have the disks, you can explore the disk, not sure which one, but I think it is #1, and there is a zip file labeled "Disk1C~1". Copy that to your computer, then unzip it, it will have then bigs and bins in it. It may be on disk 4, but even if you unzip the file from all four disks you save time over a reinstall. I recently wrote over my back-up game.bin and looked on the disks and figured this out.

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

Ok, you might be right im checking them all right now. Thanks for the help and ill let you know+rep Also i'm downloading the game and fable explorer too. i just recently deleted everything and going to see if it works now. if not ill do what you said. Again thanks.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

You shouldn't be downloading it. Big fat no no. But I'll disregard that you said that. And you might want to get the ShadowNet Fable Explorer. I think you can back up the files from the program. Not sure though. First see if what jwc works.

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

I just tried installing the shadownet fable explorer and i installed all the requirements even the def.xml code and a error says "fable explorer has stopped working" did i do something wrong? Oh, and i installed it again and it still does the same thing.

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

Where do i put the copied "Disk1C~1". Files?

jwc2200

Reaction score

Put it anywhere as long as you know where, then unzip it. The game.bin is on disk one, I checked. Once "Disk1C~1" is unzipped, look through it til you find "game", then copy that to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\CompiledDefs". You will have an unmodded game.bin now.

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

now i have 2 folders CompiledDefs and CompiledDefs - Copy. Do i delete either one of them?

jwc2200

Reaction score

I don't know how you got the copy of CompiledDefs, but I would delete it. All you need is to replace the game.bin in the original CompiledDefs.

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

ok i did it but my fable explorer still has the changes to my lightning spell ability that i modded. I also modded all the other spells maybe thats the problem, because when i changed those thats what made my game crash.

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

jwc2200 go on your yahoo so i can talk this over and find out what the problem really is ok?

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

it did not work. But i know that it has to do with something in game.bin in fable explorer. If i havn't spoken of this before but why isnt my fable explorer resetting?

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

Alright, I don't know why I haven't made this clear enough.

*clears throat*

Reinstalling Fable does absolutely nothing unless you first delete the fable folder

Make sure you remember that. Just delete the fable folder (most likely in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\), then re-install the game.

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

wait before i do this, will this reset my fable explorer because it hasnt been... This has become a really big problem for me and i understand where everything is. So please speak up if you know.:wacko:

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

Yes, this will completely reset your game.

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

OK ill do it, but do i get rid of fable explorer too?

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

It's asking me for permission but it wont let me get permission even though im the owner...