• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did you know...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Did you know that without the tides, life may never have formed on the Earth?

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Did you know that polar bears actually have black skin
gangstapolarbear.jpg

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Yeah, Milgram - a psychologist. I've studied him at A level.

I can't do the study or Milgram justice off the top of my head but here's a butchered summary of the idea of the study:

He told his participants that he was doing a study on memory. The study was actually measuring obedience in reference to Nazi Germany. Milgram wanted to know how/why ordinary German people could stand by and kill/watch millions of other people be killed, and therefore how far people could go when following orders. Is something right because it is an order? Do we feel that we have any responsibility for something that we've been told to do by a higher authority?

I can't go into detail behind how the (original - there's been many alterations to the experiment over the years to avoid participants being psychologically harmed) was done because it's so long and complicated to type. It'd be much easier to say in words, or just watch the 3 videos at the bottom of this post and see for yourself. It's very worthwhile and interesting.

Here's a link to a watered down explanation of the experiment.

Here's a link to original footage of the experiment - very interesting if you have the time to watch it, or I found it so anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2PGnHHnRMk
http/www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzYAdGl_0mA
http/www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSiMM_GIiyA

That's very interesting, kind of harsh on the Teacher though.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Did you know that without the tides, life may never have formed on the Earth?
I think I heard that somewhere before but I forgot, how come?
Yeah, that's why the experiment was changed; one of the ethics of psychology is protection from harm physically/psychologically :p Did you watch all 3 videos?

It's interesting that people nervously laughed while doing it too.
did u know the moons gravitational pull controls the tide
Yes, did you know that there is water on the moon?

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
It's interesting that people nervously laughed while doing it too.

Yeah, I did. I keep forgetting the guy isn't actually getting electocuted, it's weird. Also, in the third one (I think) that guy could easily not have pressed the button, yet he carried on simply because a figure of authority told him to do so, I found that one most interesting.

currupted

Reaction score
Did you know theres a planet very distant from earth thats almost exactly like it and its getting pelted with asteroids thats bacteria might cause life

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Yeah, I did. I keep forgetting the guy isn't actually getting electocuted, it's weird. Also, in the third one (I think) that guy could easily not have pressed the button, yet he carried on simply because a figure of authority told him to do so, I found that one most interesting.
People come in all shapes and sizes, some people believe it or not would crave the idea of being told to hurt others, because if they are being told do to so then they're "just following orders."

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I think I heard that somewhere before but I forgot, how come?

Well basically the early Earth had all the ingredients it needed to form life, but the moon's gravity (which was hella stronger back then because the moon was waaaay closer) acted like a giant blender. It mixed everything together really well, and that's how things happened.

And then of course when life got sick of the ocean and was evolving onto land, the tides provided the perfect temporary environment for fish to practice breathing. Get close to the beach during high tide, wait for the tide to go out, get collected by the tide again when it comes back in.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Dude. This thread is cool I think. Useless info to read and forget about tomorrow.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Did you know theres a planet very distant from earth thats almost exactly like it and its getting pelted with asteroids thats bacteria might cause life

Reeeeeeeeeeally? Do you know what its called? or have any valid information I could read? that'd be interesting!

Dude. This thread is cool I think. Useless info to read and forget about tomorrow.

Oh, Thank you! Glad you enjoy it.. Now post something interesting!

currupted

Reaction score
I saw it on some documentary a long time ago i forget its name.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Oh, Thank you! Glad you enjoy it.. Now post something interesting!

I know something interesting. Did you know it's more Shirosaki who lurks around this thread correcting people incorrect facts and has probably posted more 'Did You Knows's' than anyone else? :p

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
I know something interesting. Did you know it's more Shirosaki who lurks around this thread correcting people incorrect facts and has probably posted more 'Did You Knows's' than anyone else? :p
You tryin' to call me a lurker buddy!? No cinema ticket for you! :'(

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Did you know the Dark Drakan is responsible for about 4.326% of posts on ProjectEgo?

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Did you know that in the 1800s, guano (bird droppings) was as valuable as gold because of its lusciousness as a fertilizer - being able to double, triple and even sometimes quadruple the yield of a harvest. As such, it was one of Peru's main sources of income via export in the 19th century.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Did you know that Time Travel is completely impossible? If you disagreeYOU'RE WRONG YOU IDIOT, get a Time Machine, go back before I created this account, make it and post this post exactly the same but with a great big "YOU'RE WRONG YOU IDIOT" right in the middle. No? Well then.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Did you know that Time Travel is completely impossible? If you disagreeYOU'RE WRONG YOU IDIOT, get a Time Machine, go back before I created this account, make it and post this post exactly the same but with a great big "YOU'RE WRONG YOU IDIOT" right in the middle. No? Well then.
There's a theory that if time travel was possible, you could only go back as far as when the time machine was first turned on.

JesterJoe

Explorer
Reaction score
i know,i just laughed when that 1 person said ''to hell with mr.williams,who does he think he is?'' then gets out some ciggarettes and smokes...............