• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Direct Quotes Proving Void Being in Fable 3 *spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
well... i was going to put this in one of the other threads, but it pretty much proves it as far as i can see.
now... i was replaying the game a second time, and as i played through the aurora sequence i was stricken by the urge to copy any quotes from the crawler that might serve as proof to his origins being from the void.

well...i found pretty explicit proof. here are the quotes i typed in as i heard them, with explanation as to why they serve as evidence.

Before I begin, it's necessary to explain the story of William Black, a piece of Fable lore. Jack of Blades was the first Fable antagonist. He, the Queen of Blades, and the Knight of Blades were all beings from "the void" who ruled albion long ago. The first hero ever, William Black, killed them all with the exception of Jack who was mortally wounded. Jack was later killed by the hero in Fable 1.
Apart from being an alternate dimension, the void has been hinted by banshees in Fable 2 as being an afterlife of sorts. (they taunt the hero by saying "After death comes the void!")

"You two (hero and walter) yearn for the black void. You tire, you crave it...."
this seems to further confirm that the void is, indeed, the afterlife.
furthermore, it's presented at a point in the game where you are fighting to get as far away from the blackness as possible (aurora desert ruins), suggesting that the crawler is a being of the void.

"We have waited centuries for you."
"All the people you want to control , they will tremble before us"
i don't think the "we" and "us" is typical crazy monster speak. we/us may very well be referring to the court, who have "waited for centuries" since their initial defeat. they ruled albion as horrifying tyrants. both of these quotes seem to support the theory as well.

When [the court] came to Albion from The Void, they demanded that people bow to them. When the citizens refused, The Court decided to all but destroy the land.
-Fable Wiki (link)

"You have been tainted"
"What will happen to your peaceful soul when it comes into contact with darkness"
in the tales of william black, coming into contact with the void caused humans and heroes to be "infected" in a way. this is what supposedly killed william black (though it's a public secret he just became horribly deformed and lives on as the hero Scythe). Walter states at the end of the game that the "darkness" never truly left him until he was on the brink of death.

"This land is ours! Darkness will spread across the world!"
"This land is ours! We will smother every life! Every last breath!"
implies a sense of ownership of the world by the crawler. this one is vague and might just be making something of nothing, but it sounds to me like a reference to the void beings retaking the world.

that's all i got from the aurora sequence, i'll post whatever i can find from the games conclusion when i get to it.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
in before "youre just crazy! The game never explicity said this and so your theories are wrong."

Well reasoned thread. It's a good conclusion.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
You're crazy! The game never explicity said this and so your theories are wrong.

I don't think he's part of the Court. My personal theory is as follows.

Descrption from The Maelstorm, Fable II:
"This longsword has been forged by the First Shadows themselves, beings far purer in their evil and their power than the ordinary shadows that haunt Albion. When the founders of the Temple of Shadows tried to summon one of these beings, they were unable to control it. Before it disappeared into its own dimension, it slaughtered every one of them for their insolence, and left its instrument of punishment behind as a warning to others."

The Crawler is a First Shadow, that may or may not come from the Void, but is definetly not related to the Court, as they're probably dead. IMO The First Shadows (The Shadow Court being too, First Shadows) tookc ontrol of the Void after The Court was killed in Albion.

Status
Not open for further replies.