• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DirectX 12 coming to all Microsoft platforms

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Has been announced that Microsofts DirectX update will be coming to all of its platforms including the Xbox One. Microsoft have claimed that the overall CPU utilisation has been halved when compared to DX11, with workloads better spread across CPU cores. Microsoft was thin on details currently, but claimed that the new tech will give applications better control over graphics memory usage, resulting in better efficiency and thus more room to do more.

DirectX12 Unveiled for Xbox One and Demoed in Forza 5, More 1080p Games Coming

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
I'm always a fan of working closer to the hardware and getting more performance out of it. I might be a little skeptical of the overall improvement but I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Hopefully we won't have to wait until Windows 9 to see it.

william black

I am the original archon
Reaction score
I'm always a fan of working closer to the hardware and getting more performance out of it. I might be a little skeptical of the overall improvement but I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Hopefully we won't have to wait until Windows 9 to see it.
Likewise

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Another bonus is that it will apparently also be compatible with current hardware so wont HAVE to upgrade to make use of it.

Microsoft suggested that a large portion of existing hardware would be able to support DirectX 12 and see immediate benefits from its roll out. That includes 80 percent of the new gamer PCs selling today, according to Gosalia's estimates, and 50 percent of all PCs that will be "out there" by the time DirectX 12 ships. Every Xbox One will be capable of running DirectX 12 games as well, he said, alongside many Windows Phones.

Microsoft touts performance improvements for existing hardware in DirectX 12