• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Disappointed game anticipations.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Pfft.

Have you even watched the Star Wars movies? They were just being faithful to the lore; enemies are crap shooters and dumb as mules.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Now that was a horrible game.
I really wanted it to be good - it was one of my rare ventures out into unknown territory and buying my own game (Steve usually buys my games because he knows what I'll actually play as opposed to what the rest of the planet would) and all the reviews I had read were mostly good. And then I got it and it was the biggest disappointment. So I sold it for three times the price I got it for, so not all bad ;) That was the last time I bothered using reviews as a way of helping me decide if a game was worth it or not - never again.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
That's funny.

My friend was trying to complete Final Fantasy... whatever. I guess it's the latest one on the 360, whatever number that is. With the pink-haired chick? Anyway, after the bazillionth time he tried to kill some plant-thing he threw his hands up in the air and said "eff this!" and started playing Eternal Sonata instead.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Fable 3, Mass Effect (ME II was brilliant, though, and what the first should have been)

While Skyrim is not a bad game, I don't get all the hype about it. IMO the horrible console port flavor is enough to put it in the disappointment category... no wait, you're all console players, carry on then.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Fable 3, Mass Effect (ME II was brilliant, though, and what the first should have been)

While Skyrim is not a bad game, I don't get all the hype about it. IMO the horrible console port flavor is enough to put it in the disappointment category... no wait, you're all console players, carry on then.

Ive put 40 hours into the console version and loved every minute of it, been a long time since I was so hooked on a game.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
My only disappointment with Skyrim was how "streamlined" the magic system is now. Compared to Morrowind, and even Oblivion, I feel a lot less powerful as a mage, even though the Chain Lightning spell kicks ass.

Oh, and stupid followers getting in the way of my spells and dying.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Not being able to create custom spells is a bit of a downer, I agree. At the very least they could've allowed you to combine spells since we can dual-cast them, i.e a Fireball in your right hand cast at the same time as a Lightning bolt in your left hand would combine to some sort of kickass inferno of lightning and fire!

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Not being able to create custom spells is a bit of a downer, I agree. At the very least they could've allowed you to combine spells since we can dual-cast them, i.e a Fireball in your right hand cast at the same time as a Lightning bolt in your left hand would combine to some sort of kickass inferno of lightning and fire!

That was pretty much all Fable 3 did mildly well.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The biggest gripe I have with Skyrim is the lack of variety in the voice acting, they claimed 70 voice actors, but I'm not seeing it. 2 guys playing the same voice of all Khajit & Argonian males, and 2 women doing the same for the females. Not to mention they only hired 2 kids for the voice acting of all children (who also happen to have the exact same faces). Really, I thought Bethesda was past this nonsense.

Don't even get me started on the town guards. Lemme guess.. Bethesda tried to diversify the actors, but then they took an arrow in the knee?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
The biggest gripe I have with Skyrim is the lack of variety in the voice acting, they claimed 70 voice actors, but I'm not seeing it. 2 guys playing the same voice of all Khajit & Argonian males, and 2 women doing the same for the females. Not to mention they only hired 2 kids for the voice acting of all children (who also happen to have the exact same faces). Really, I thought Bethesda was past this nonsense.

The kids always freak me out when I see them. If they were going to give them all the same face, they could have at least made it a normal face.

Don't even get me started on the town guards. Lemme guess.. Bethesda tried to diversify the actors, but then they took an arrow in the knee?

That's totally becoming a thing.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The kids always freak me out when I see them. If they were going to give them all the same face, they could have at least made it a normal face.

And this comes from the guy with an arse for a face.

Poor show Bethesda, poor show.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
And this comes from the guy with an arse for a face.

Poor show Bethesda, poor show.

It would have been better if they'd given the kids arses for faces. Truly.