• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Disguises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Disguises

Honestly, what was the point of the bandit outfit and highwayman outfit...?
It was just a piece of clothing. Like why can't it be that if we were to wear a complete bandit outfit people would believe we were bandits and thus bandits wouldn't attack us, but rather help us, and guards would see us and attack us. Like this would add a bit of stealth in the game when you want to complete a mission but you have to go to a bandit cap or something. There could be a guard outfit and you could probably get away with certain things, and charge false offenses on people. There could be a peasant outfit, so that when you're king you can walk around unnoticed, and possible trick your enemies into thinking you're weak.

AuditoreXII

King Auditore XII
Reaction score
Re: Disguises

This would be interesting if they decided to implement this in fable 3, i would love to see this but i wont get my hopes up considering it is in its final stages. Good Idea though!!

Archon_TJ

Guild Master
Reaction score

they kind of did that in Fable 1. You had to collect the bandit gear to get into Twinblades camp undetected so it would be cool if they expanded upon that idea in Fable 3 like you said

EpIc WaRrIoR

Reaction score

yeah i didnt like how they had no amour in the second one but i love all the games

Lithary

Reaction score

Archon_TJ;406191 said:
they kind of did that in Fable 1. You had to collect the bandit gear to get into Twinblades camp undetected so it would be cool if they expanded upon that idea in Fable 3 like you said

Yeah, but that was only for one part... you couldn't go around and be friendly with all bandits... and later if you came back dressed as a guard they wouldn't react or anything...

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

it would make the game more realistic in ideal due to the fact that once you are king, you cant prance around with your face exposed cause everyone would recognize you unless you are a evil king and people would fear you.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;406166 said:
It was just a piece of clothing. Like why can't it be that if we were to wear a complete bandit outfit people would believe we were bandits and thus bandits wouldn't attack us, but rather help us, and guards would see us and attack us. Like this would add a bit of stealth in the game when you want to complete a mission but you have to go to a bandit cap or something. There could be a guard outfit and you could probably get away with certain things, and charge false offenses on people. There could be a peasant outfit, so that when you're king you can walk around unnoticed, and possible trick your enemies into thinking you're weak.

Brillant idea. I think that would be an excellent addition to Fable 3.

Lithary

Reaction score

Well then people would be afraid of you and guards would kick your arse :Đ

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

It might also even force us to change outfits according to situation. Like say i'm in the town, so i'm going to wear the clothing of townspeople, and say I were in a high class area, to prevent the posh citizens of Albion from making fun of me I would wear really high class outfits. And they're maybe even dress codes in areas and stuff. It gives me a sense of being a superhero, I have a secret identity and when trouble appears I'm CHICKEN CHASER!!!!!!!!!
All of this being optional of course.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Great idea, Ryu :D

Also when you become King you could disquise yourself and see what's going on in your kingdom without people knowing.

Undercover-boss?

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;406166 said:

You know what? I honestly agree with this. Afterall, towards the mid 19th century Officers in the army often dressed similarly to normal grunts to avoid being picked of by sharpshooters So I reckon that the effects of costumes could contribute to how others react to You in the game, this would make the clothes more usefull & give the player more of a motivation when it comes to wearing certain Outfits. I'd say this is totally plausible, I just hope Lionhead have thought of this not gonna get My hopes up though.

Lithary

Reaction score

Well, PM did say something that when you become a king you can disguise your self as commoner or beggar and go walk the streets and stuff...

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Lithary;406965 said:
Well, PM did say something that when you become a king you can disguise your self as commoner or beggar and go walk the streets and stuff...

Yes, I remember him saying that in various interviews. he also said that your butler woudl advise you on the proper clothing to use for each situation.

MournfulStorms

*Snerk*
Reaction score

I love disguises, I'm really glad PM has decided to do this! I was disappointed when I dressed up as a bandit or whatever and nobody reacted...

And what was the point of only giving us one piece of the assassin outfit? GIVE ME THE OTHER PIECES :(

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

MournfulStorms;407038 said:
I love disguises, I'm really glad PM has decided to do this! I was disappointed when I dressed up as a bandit or whatever and nobody reacted...

And what was the point of only giving us one piece of the assassin outfit? GIVE ME THE OTHER PIECES :(

I love disguises as well, and not getting the full assassin's outfit annoyed me as well...

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Vicious Dice;407137 said:
I love disguises as well, and not getting the full assassin's outfit annoyed me as well...

You get the rest from the knothole dlc...

Bluedrake

Reaction score

I wonder if haricuts and beards will play a part in the disguise thing... Or make-up for female characters. Even small things like that can make a person unrecognizable.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Bluedrake;407291 said:
I wonder if haricuts and beards will play a part in the disguise thing... Or make-up for female characters. Even small things like that can make a person unrecognizable.

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.