• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do I need to get Xbox Live back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Recently, when I've tried playing Fable 3, it says that my saves can't be loaded because they were saved with a more up to date version of the game. All my other games work just fine, but I guess for some reason, the Fable 3 updates didn't stay on my hard drive. As you can see from this post, I currently do not have my Xbox hooked up to Xbox Live. Is there a way to start playing Fable 3 again without Xbox Live, or do I need to hook it up again to play?

Apollo

Leonardo XII
Reaction score
Have you downloaded any of the expansions or "micro transactions"? If so, they have to remain on the hard drive otherwise the game won't allow you to load you gamesave. So yeah, you will need to hookup to Live. Sorry if this doesn't help, let me know though!

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Have you downloaded any of the expansions or "micro transactions"? If so, they have to remain on the hard drive otherwise the game won't allow you to load you gamesave. So yeah, you will need to hookup to Live. Sorry if this doesn't help, let me know though!
More or less this, but it isn't because of the DLC its because of the updates. Basiaclly you can't play an old save until you have LIVE but you can start a new game.
Also I THINK you can get the updates through xbox.com to a USB but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.