• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do we have a firm date for the patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
I've seen the 23rd for the DLC, and LH's blog about the update states:

"we’re currently aiming for this to be available approximately around the same time as the DLC. "

'Approximately' won't hack it, as grabbing DLC prior to the patch is pointless. Beginning to lose my teddy with LH, to be honest.

Has anyone seen a firm date for the patch/update?

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
They cannot firmly set it in stone as currently it is passing certification and since this wasn't a planned patch, as soon as it gets the OK from Microsoft.

And honestly, the patch is going to be with 2-4 days time. Just relax.

RSVR85

Reaction score
Wasn't a planned patch? Please, they must have realised when they rushed this game out that they'd have to patch it (probably more than once).

The 23rd is all I have heard/read, though don't be surprised if it's a few days late.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
I mean no disrespect, but **** 'relax'.

I paid money (of which I have very little) for this game, which is buggy and broken. The DLC sounds good, but we need the patch first. The game needs fixing - for me a restart at this point (Playthrough 6 glitched - Jasper/falling/Brightwall freezes) is pointless. My F3 disk is currently a coaster.

I paid $80 for this game, and I want it fixed. NOW. Had LH donated me this game for free, then, yeah, I'd relax.

So *sigh* I'll try again.....to repeat, does anyone have a firm date for the update/patch?

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
Wasn't a planned patch? Please, they must have realised when they rushed this game out that they'd have to patch it (probably more than once).

The 23rd is all I have heard/read, though don't be surprised if it's a few days late.
Personal opinion.

I see as it wasn't planned. They have to work on patching itself. But with more complaints and glitches than expected, more time was needed. Simple.

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
I mean no disrespect, but f*** 'relax'.

I paid money (of which I have very little) for this game, which is buggy and broken. The DLC sounds good, but we need the patch first. The game needs fixing - for me a restart at this point (Playthrough 6 glitched - Jasper/falling/Brightwall freezes) is pointless. My F3 disk is currently a coaster.

I paid $80 for this game, and I want it fixed. NOW. Had LH donated me this game for free, then, yeah, I'd relax.

So *sigh* I'll try again.....to repeat, does anyone have a firtm date for the update/patch?
I too spent $80, but merely was the extra 20 was a choice.

NOW, you have paid for your $60 game, they are tending to your needs. The patch is being released. As said, going through certification, and with Microsoft, how exactly can you be exact.

The DLC was being fixed with the patch, now you can say, "Hey, they fixed DLC before the did the patch."

TWO DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS.

Developers have different areas of work they are assigned. DLC was quite a simple fix as it was just a quest and some new add-ons.

The patch goes through-out the entire game to fix certain and specific issues.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score

NOW, you have paid for your $60 game, they are tending to your needs. The patch is being released. As said, going through certification, and with Microsoft, how exactly can you be exact.

The DLC was being fixed with the patch, now you can say, "Hey, they fixed DLC before the did the patch."

Developers have different areas of work they are assigned. DLC was quite a simple fix as it was just a quest and some new add-ons.

Besides which, I get the feeling that the fact the game was release as buggy as it is is more to do with MS than LH

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
Besides which, I get the feeling that the fact the game was release as buggy as it is is more to do with MS than LH
Me too. I was quite upset, yet but seeing that Microsoft may have some part of being involved, I am no longer.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
Agree - MS probably forced the release. No argument.

I also completely understand that DLC and patches are very different - I'm annoyed, not brain-dead. Thanks for the patronising post though. *sigh*.

The DLC was probably developed in parallel with the game itself. My argument is that adding DLC to the game, pre-patch, is pointless, and that the first firm date released should have been that of the patch. Currently, I could D/L Understone on the 23rd, but I'll still be stuck in midair somewhere and won't get to see it, though I'm sure the un-glitched few will tell me all about it. Not hugely useful or good for morale.

At this point, for me (and it seems many others), restarting prior to the patch is pointless. After the patch (we hope), we can get the DLC and restart with a bug-free game, Understone and a 5-star hound.

Thus, at the moment, a DLC release date is as much use to me as tits on a bull.

So, once again and with endless patience...does anyone have a firm date on the update/patch??

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
I meant no offense in any way. Never said you were bone-headed, but I was only stating the fact of two departments to clear up a possible argument before hand. I apologize if offense was taken.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
No dramas, mate.

Just need the bloody patch before Understone gets spoilered to death!

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
No dramas, mate.

Just need the bloody patch before Understone gets spoilered to death!
Well, Understone was previously released and someone has a complete guide to it actually. I can only say it is worth the 400 points. :)

BatusBrad

Reaction score
Here's hoping!

I desperately want to restart, in order to be able to fight the badness AND keep my promises (Not bothered to do this yet) but I have to wait for the patch, then get the DLC and then restart. Patience is failing. Sad, really as I saw no game-killing glitches until PT 6.

Now I'm stuck waiting, and 'it'll be out when it's ready' posts massively annoy me. Need a FIRM DATE. Not too much to ask.

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
Yeah.

And honestly you won't get a firm and set-in-stone answer. Lionhead only has a set estimated time. Microsoft is making sure it works for us. And when I hate repeating myself, when Microsoft gives the go ahead for Lionhead, it will be out.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Nope, the DLC has been perfectly working since the game launched, it was merely held back.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
My friend has it, and his is glitched a bit. What exactly, I'll leave for y'all to wonder.
I've known 3-4 people that have it and none of them report any glitches of the DLC.

Your friend's glitch is most likely a consequence of the actual game's enourmous quantity of bugs, not the DLC per se.

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
I've known 3-4 people that have it and none of them report any glitches of the DLC.

Your friend's glitch is most likely a consequence of the actual game's enourmous quantity of bugs, not the DLC per se.
Yeah, I understand that being a possible issue. Nothing really horrible, just irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.