• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone actually use block?

Do you?

• Yes, in every battle.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, never needed to.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I do sometimes.

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Jimbo1425

MASTER ASSASSIN
Reaction score
Re: Does anyone actually use block?

I never used block ever, i would just roll around or just would not let them ever get a shot

X

Xeon

Jimbo1425;175037 said:
I never used block ever, i would just roll around or just would not let them ever get a shot

Roll counts as block I think.

D

Darg

Whoever I play, from warriors to wizards and assassins to village idiots, I always use block. Don't know why, but it seems to help and makes the game just that more fun and immersive.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Not constantly, but sometimes. It all depended on how many people I was fighting,and how strong I was.

X

Xeon

try making a char where you don't go up in strength skill! Man thats tough

I

iF.Leoric

Nope, never needed to use block =p

Only in a few exceptions, like the train with Whisper and fighting the fist fighters (but to win the last challenge, block is useless, better running in circles and hitting him a lot from behind)

Rhadiel maxing the strength skills won't make your character look like a walking meatball, but the amount of food you eat should do the job very well.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

If you don't add anything except Strength, then you will look like a walking brick wall. Try it.

I

iF.Leoric

droded;175435 said:
If you don't add anything except Strength, then you will look like a walking brick wall. Try it.

Wow really?

hahaha that sound fun!

can I add speed and physical shield/berserk or have to be only strength?

gonna try it today =P

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

My current character has no points in Health and Toughness, I upgrade only Physique - basically, block is what keeps me alive. I don`t like Physical Shield, I prefer Slow Time and Assassin Rush and Force Push. Battle Charge may also come in handy for crowd controls.

Oh yeah, I think Health is what makes the character look like a meatball, or it might be all Strength attributes combined.

I

iF.Leoric

hmm I wrote the wrong answer here =/ is there a way to delete this post?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

It is all the health combined which creates your Meaty Exterior. If you add Speed you will look slimmer.

X

Xeon

ok here is my version of it from expirience; if you max out or pick a few ranks in the skill section first your char doesn't look all the meaty. My char has currently maxed out guile, willpower, multi strike, assassins rush, slowtime, lighting, physique and health. This is how he looks:

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

droded;175465 said:
It is all the health combined which creates your Meaty Exterior. If you add Speed you will look slimmer.

Physique should make the character taller. I up my Speed and Physique and he is tall and thin. Plus, the little animation in the upgrading menu also shows the guy lifting a rock turning taller.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I'm sorry I was in a rush last post and made a mistake.

For every point put into any of the 3 Strength fields, your character will appear wider/meatier.

For every point put into any of the 3 Skill fields, your character will appear thinner/ taller.

For every point put into a magic field, your character will slowly gain glowing palms and blue will tattoos.

So no, Physique does not make you taller.

X

Xeon

hmmm

Physique = bigger arms and legs
Health generally larger
Toughness = wider
guile = a little taller
speed = insane height boost

I

iF.Leoric

I was trying to make one Full Physique to make he looks like a walking brick wall lolz, so I started, only putting physique and like 2 levels of guile (to rush gold).

Was doing good, killed Twinblade without any problem (more speed would help a lot, but I didn't spend any xp on speed), he was growing very well, a little fatty (because of beer and meat) but ok

I gave up full physique when I had to do The Arena with no speed and no spells, very easy at the beginning, but that round when it comes 2 Rock Trolls, they treated me like a little target for those huge stones, Whisper was stopped doing NOTHING, I couldn't get up, the both throwing stones at me. Then I changed to a light weapon hoping that would give me better movements, so like magic Whisper started to attack, one of the trolls targeting her and the other targeting me, from there I could win :D! I though that scorpion would be more difficult, but it was quite easy to kill without speed and spells.

But no more full physique for me, when I saw that 2 trolls f***ing me I though about the rest of the game being slow and without spells lolz.

Maybe it's difficult to play a full ninja or a full mage, but it's far difficult being full warrior, you must be very skilled with your mouse and the middle click without "space" on enemies once they come like water on a river...

I'll abandon this one and start a full mage, could be cool =P (with some guile to rush gold of course)

X

Xeon

Full Ranger/Assassin was pretty easy (only spending exp. in the skill area)
Full Mage was tough in the start (only spending exp. in the will area
Full Warrior was tough all along, you spend most of your time laying on the ground.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

the last time I played I put most of my exp points in to will, and I never got the blue tattoos

edit. maybe it's because I was a really evil nasty bugger?!?

X

Xeon

Skorm's Boss;175728 said:
the last time I played I put most of my exp points in to will, and I never got the blue tattoos

edit. maybe it's because I was a really evil nasty bugger?!?

maybe thats it but the whole exp changes your appereance tends to bug a bit, my last char didn't get any bigger untill I spend two points in physique at the same time

N

nateweis

well in my fable experience i've learned that a lot of tougher enemies will get through your block anyway and hit you and you'll still take damage so my advice is keep attacking,screw block