• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Double NPCs

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score
Double NPCs

This seems to be a common problem/glitch

although some evil players may find this good since they have more people to butcher but infact this is bbbaaaadd :(

I came across a glitch that doubles all NPCs in the region, not enemies like bandits etc but villagers

Ive come across 2 shopkeepers in the same shop, but the worst one is 2 town criers (so annoying) becuase they will shout "shops are now open" twice ¬.¬

only way to fix this is killing both of the NPCs but this can be a problem if you want to keep the economy high

this makes the game run vvveerrry slowly (more slowly than usual that is)

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score
Re: Double NPCs

It'll also sometimes happen when you move a spouse to a new home, for some strange reason...

In depth Renn

Wow thats mean
Reaction score

Happens to me when i get my spouse to follow me, i was abit stranged out to walk into the fiction burns bookstore and find two guys scrubbing the floor.

Saint Sparrow

Reaction score

Now that is odd, course the only problems I've had with moving wives are the ones involving renting out the house we were in or moving a new wife to the old wife's house. (this has happened twice to me, one with the castle, the other with the bloodstone mansion)

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

Now that is odd, course the only problems I've had with moving wives are the ones involving renting out the house we were in or moving a new wife to the old wife's house. (this has happened twice to me, one with the castle, the other with the bloodstone mansion)
ive heard that only occurs if you give your spouse a second ring while being married?

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

Also, my wife is lost in Fairfax Castle.....Just completely disappeared....It won't even let me set her as a target....This happened soon after the double wife glitch with Lady Grey....

Varlin

The Usurper
Reaction score

^ that happens fairly often, actually.

I ran into two shopkeeps in one of the bowerstone barber shops yesterday.

And on my very first playthrough, not sure how this happened, the first time i got to bloodstone my wife was there telling me she didn't like the house we were in. According to the families page she was still back in Bowerstone though, and after I left Bloodstone and came back she was back in bowerstone where she belonged. Never had that particular glitch happen since.

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

That happened to me, also....Except she was in Bloodstone to divorce me....Although I met her before I talked to Theresa, so how she went all the way to Bloodstone is a mystery to me.

H

Hexen_Harlot

Ah, wives and bloodstone. Always seems to happen.

X

xdeathlessxone

Varlin;298339 said:
^ that happens fairly often, actually.

I ran into two shopkeeps in one of the bowerstone barber shops yesterday.

And on my very first playthrough, not sure how this happened, the first time i got to bloodstone my wife was there telling me she didn't like the house we were in. According to the families page she was still back in Bowerstone though, and after I left Bloodstone and came back she was back in bowerstone where she belonged. Never had that particular glitch happen since.

my bowerstone wife appeared in bloodstone for me too once, thought it was wierd but she went back and hasnt followed me since

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

on my first save i have 2 town cryers in bowerstone market and on both saves i have Alex walking around even thoug she killed her self